Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,201 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215
  • Year: 2014

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

I'll probably get bored of the ZS within a year or two and trade it in... onwards and upwards!!

Yes there's always that option, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the ZS, maybe there will be a Mountune upgrade to help close the gap a bit :). I was thinking about going for a ZS just because of the lower price, but the lack of options like cruise control, not to mention the awesomeness of the ST persuaded me.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 DarrylW91

DarrylW91

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Darryl
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

I was thinking of an ST initially but the cheaper running costs of the ZS won me over. I'm coming from a 1.2 corsa so hopefully it'll be a good enough improvement to keep me satisfied for a while

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z using Ford OC Mobile App

#33 Phil 87

Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

That will be a massive improvement, a bigger difference than between my Titanium and the ST.

#34 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,727 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
Contributor

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

That will be a massive improvement, a bigger difference than between my Titanium and the ST.

Oh I doubt it!

The difference between my MK7 ZS (same engine as your Titanium) and the ST is almost indescribable although granted the difference between as C***a and the ZS will be huge.

Phil we could start a "Phil ST Yorkshire" section on here. Welcome to the ST fraternity mate you are going to love it when you get it. Blue is definitely the best colour as well have seen a few around where I live in West Yorks. 

#35 wesmst-2

wesmst-2

fiSTer Miller

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Name: wes
  • Ford Model: fiesta st-2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

im in haha

#36 wesmst-2

wesmst-2

fiSTer Miller

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

can i ask.....

have you test driven the ST??

#37 MattDRX

MattDRX

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,514 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Pauper Spec

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Oh I doubt it!

The difference between my MK7 ZS (same engine as your Titanium) and the ST is almost indescribable although granted the difference between as C***a and the ZS will be huge.

Phil we could start a "Phil ST Yorkshire" section on here. Welcome to the ST fraternity mate you are going to love it when you get it. Blue is definitely the best colour as well have seen a few around where I live in West Yorks. 

Lol at you never driven one, the difference is night and day. Fancy a traffic light gp? I think you'll find the difference is 3 seconds something monotune will never be able to make up.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

#38 wesmst-2

wesmst-2

fiSTer Miller

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

i myself never realised the brutal power the fiesta st had until i drove it off the forecourt. seriously this car is a rocket.

#39 MattDRX

MattDRX

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,514 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Pauper Spec

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

i myself never realised the brutal power the fiesta st had until i drove it off the forecourt. seriously this car is a rocket.

Indeed, can't wait to pull up along side the ZS boys sitting low with their black wheels and windows thinking they boss, then they get shown up.

Need to download move !Removed! get out the way, now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

#40 Ru4hie

Ru4hie

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta St2

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Had a Zetec S pul up behind me in a petrol station a couple of weeks back didnt know what to say to him, just had a little chuckle to myself as I filled up the ST.

The Yorkshire ST club sounds good to me where do I join?

#41 wesmst-2

wesmst-2

fiSTer Miller

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

im currently getting a bit of flak of zs owners on one of the other forums. they think im boasting, im not as i know my car is better all round. they have no idea what a power house this ST is

chuckle :)

#42 666Damian666

666Damian666

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Name: Damian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS Ecoboost - MP135 Coming soon

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Had a Zetec S pul up behind me in a petrol station a couple of weeks back didnt know what to say to him, just had a little chuckle to myself as I filled up the ST.
The Yorkshire ST club sounds good to me where do I join?

Why would you laugh ?

#43 Ru4hie

Ru4hie

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta St2

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Both cars were brand new, both red, I was checking out his car he was checking out mine, neither of us said anything. I just found it a funny situation to be in. Not laughing at the Zetec S its a cracking car like the front end more than I do the ST's tbh had I realised it had the honeycomb grill I'd probably be driving one now

#44 Phil 87

Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

I didn't realise there were more replies to this thread :)

can i ask.....

have you test driven the ST??

I test drove one last year, but I didn't push it hard enough to really get a feel for how good it is, I just didn't feel comfortable flooring it with the salesman sat next to me. I'm sure I'll be amazed when I pick mine up, but I'm planning to take it easy to begin with and run it in properly, if running in is still a thing these days.

Oh I doubt it!

Yeah you're probably right, I was thinking about the difference in 0-60 times, but that doesn't tell the whole story. And yeah a Yorkshire club sounds like a good idea, unless you were just joking :). Although I could count the number of STs I've seen around Leeds on one hand, must be more popular in other areas.

I've been told my ST should be ready mid April, I'll see if I can get an actual date from the dealer. The weeks are really starting to drag, hopefully only about 3 more...

#45 wesmst-2

wesmst-2

fiSTer Miller

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Id be up for a meet anywhere mate

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, ST, ST-3, ST3, Broadspeed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users