Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta St2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

Nah not been anywhere lately, not really the weather for outdoor activities, ain't too pleasant to drive in either. when the summer (if we have one) comes i will be out and about

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#107 MattDRX

MattDRX

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,620 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Pauper Spec

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

Westms2 you may be able to help please. Have you got a sensor on your windscreen by the rear view mirror? If so what does it do? No auto lights or wipers but it seems to have the sensors fitted inside. Odd the 1.0 ecoboost didn't have this. Off topic I know but thread killed already.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

#108 wesmst-2

wesmst-2

fiSTer Miller

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Name: wes
  • Ford Model: fiesta st-2

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Possibly for leccy windscreen
not 100% tbh

#109 Phil 87

Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,339 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215
  • Year: 2014

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

So the car has finally arrived at the dealer :). I'm picking it up on Wednesday, and they've asked me if I want the paint protection for £195 (usually £295). I'm thinking I'll not bother and just try and take good care of the paint. Does anyone think I should get the protection? Anyone had it before and would recommend it?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Ford OC mobile app

#110 chrisroberson99

chrisroberson99

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Name: Christopher
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2012

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

I wouldn't, I've heard that if you want protection, it's much better to get a professional detailer to do it.

#111 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,778 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

So the car has finally arrived at the dealer :). I'm picking it up on Wednesday, and they've asked me if I want the paint protection for £195 (usually £295). I'm thinking I'll not bother and just try and take good care of the paint. Does anyone think I should get the protection? Anyone had it before and would recommend it?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Ford OC mobile app

I wouldn't waste your money. Spend it on some good quality cleaning stuff and wax and do it yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

#112 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,778 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Westms2 you may be able to help please. Have you got a sensor on your windscreen by the rear view mirror? If so what does it do? No auto lights or wipers but it seems to have the sensors fitted inside. Odd the 1.0 ecoboost didn't have this. Off topic I know but thread killed already.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Not sure myself but not for the screen heater. I wondered if it is for the DAB radio?

#113 MattDRX

MattDRX

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,620 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Pauper Spec

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

Not sure myself but not for the screen heater. I wondered if it is for the DAB radio?

Investigation is now required. Can't ask Ford as they charge £1 PM to call their technical support line..........

#114 Phil 87

Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

I agree, the paint protection did look like a wast of money so I told them I didn't want it. It will probably have 2 layers of polish on it anyway, one from the factory and another when the dealer valets it, right?

Another thing I'm trying to figure out is GAP insurance, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at ALA at the moment, thinking about going for a 3 year deal which is about £110. Does that sound like a good deal?

#115 kristriple

kristriple

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Name: Kris
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2007

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

I agree, the paint protection did look like a wast of money so I told them I didn't want it. It will probably have 2 layers of polish on it anyway, one from the factory and another when the dealer valets it, right?

Don't count on it bud! When I picked my car up it was supposed to have had a full valet. Looked more like someone had taken it on rally!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

#116 kathyp

kathyp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Name: Kathy
  • Ford Model: TBA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Aw lad like I said I know its not a Ferrari read the thread you whopper. Go an wash ya ZS
:)

been reading this thread, and your comments...you may well be a sound guy, but do you realise you come across as a very sad little man?

I do hope ford bring out an Fiesta RS, purely so one can pull up alongside you one day. I like fast cars as much as anyone, but a guy who views it all as 'mine is faster than yours therefore yours is crap' wouldn't even get past first base. cringeworthy attitude!

#117 Phil 87

Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Don't count on it bud! When I picked my car up it was supposed to have had a full valet. Looked more like someone had taken it on rally!

Haha, lets just hope that the staff at the dealer resist the urge to take it for a joy ride. That must be very tempting though :)

#118 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,778 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Another thing I'm trying to figure out is GAP insurance, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at ALA at the moment, thinking about going for a 3 year deal which is about £110. Does that sound like a good deal?

I wouldn't let them near it. I have a service contract for mine which includes a full valet. I will be checking if that is done by a professional (I doubt it) or the latest work placement lad in which case they will be told to leave well alone. 

GAP insurance is definitely a worthy investment. I went with these guys they are really helpful just give them a call  https://www.directga...CFQcewwodpHsAbw

Haha, lets just hope that the staff at the dealer resist the urge to take it for a joy ride. That must be very tempting though :)

Check the mileage when you collect it, should be in single figures. 

#119 Clarky2013

Clarky2013

Addicted to boost

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215 Spirit Blue

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

Mine had 85 on it , wonder what they got up to ? ;)

#120 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,778 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Wow, must have been on and off that transporter several times! LOL

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, ST, ST-3, ST3, Broadspeed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users