Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loose Wire Spotted To The Left Of The Engine - Focus 1.8 Petrol

fjwelch

I was wondering if anyone could help, I was just checking the oil on my 1.8 petrol focus and spotted a wire has broken loose. Does anyone know what it does and should I be concerned. Not sure how long it has been like this but I haven't noticed any different running in the car recently.

2014_03_08_15_52_43.jpg

Any help appreciated

Thanks

James

It looks like an earth wire

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah earth, looks like it just needs to be recrimped back onto that connector that's right next to IT

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

Thanks for the reply, do you think I should be ok to run it until I can get this sorted or should I look to fix before I run it again?

Pair of pliers should be all you need to fix it. Personally I would fix it shouldn't take 5 mins.

I'd say fix asap.

Looks like it's shorting via the valve cover.

You'll want to cut it back a bit first as the end is corroded.

Cheers, should I disconnect the battery first or will I be ok to try reconnect as is?

Prob be fine, but always best to disconnect just to be safe. Just make sure u have ur radio code etc if its the factory one.

I wouldn't worry about disconnecting the battery to reconnect an earth, nothing is going to happen. Given that it connects to the lifting bracket on the engine, your engine is already earthed or it wouldn't start..

As Stoney has said, remove the corroded bit until you find fresh copper and replace the crimp with a new one.

Give the bracket the good news with a wire brush as well, nice and clean equals a better contact.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club