Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Checking Gearbox Oil 2007 Tdci

jockinafrock

Hi All - this may sound like a stupid question but last week had my Focus in for a 1 year service & oil change and was told that the rear gearbox oil seal was weeping oil. I asked how do I check the oil level and was told that it is combined with the engine oil and the engine oil dipstick shows the level in both engine & gearbox!! This sounded alien to me but not being up on modern motors I thought I'd seek the wisdom of fellow Focus owners! Mnay thanks in advance.

Jock

gearbox oil level fill is situated on the front of the box, (mtx75... box oil should be 75/90...) as you look under the engine. well mine is anyway.... gearbox oil is totall seperate to ur engine oil. what ever spanner told you it was combined is as stated a utter spanner.... stay clear from the garage again......

Thanks martin - I always thought that gearbox oil was a different type to engine oil (HP/EP). Do you know if I can do an oil level check without removing covers underneath? Many thanks. Jock

unsure, as when i re-filled mine i did the oil n filter also, so the under tray came off.... i carnt remember of my head if its a torq's bit or bolts that hold it on..... imo take it off, get your car up some ramps and have a good rummage around under neath, and see what you find....

remove the airbox and the fill plug will be just there, its an allen head size, cant remember which size it is but you can remove the fill plug on a level surface and top up until it starts to dribble out. then fit the plug back in

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club