• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andyrew

andyrew

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci (115)
Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

hi, i had problems with my 2.0 tdci 115 smoking heavily and was advised it was caused by thr egr valve, subsequently i removed and cleaned the egr but to no avail. i was advised to replace the egr but to unplug the old one in the mean time, the unplugging worked in it stopped the smoking and stopped the car from juddering/stalling. as i unplugged the connection to the old egr after a couple of miles the engine management light came on.
I have now succesfully fitted a new egr which has solved the smoking and other issues in fact the car has so much more power it's quite unbelievable, however the engine management light continues to be illuminated. does anyone know how it can be reset as according to dash diagnostic no faults exist??
thanks in anticipation. andyrew

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

the easiest way to get rid of the light will be to disconnect the battery for about 30 mins, make sure you have ur radio code beforehand though.

#3 andyrew

andyrew

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci (115)
Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

the easiest way to get rid of the light will be to disconnect the battery for about 30 mins, make sure you have ur radio code beforehand though.

cheers for that will try it now .

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users