Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Facelift Focus - Mk3.5

jeebowhite

So - this came into my inbox from motoring.co.uk

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/ford-focus-with-new-exterior-design_61657?utm_source=motoring.co.uk&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter&src=motoring

Looks like Ford have continued the tradition of "get it on the road now, then fix the defects / makeup after a few years...

The Focus remains an excellent car, but I am disappointed that they feel the need to revise it years later, why cant they just get it right first time?never the less, looks good!

Whats your thoughts folks?

Not my cuppa tea if I'm honest...

Looks like a gormless fish! That and the rear lights still project up the side of the car in a somewhat phallic way

I reckon the Mk2.5 was the best looking Focus

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

I think most manufacturers seem to do the whole facelifting thing these days. I think you're right in some ways though James, they normally always seem to fix and improve quite a few things when it gets to that stage. My last two Focus's I've made sure I got the facelifted version. A good example was that Ford revised the coolant channels in the engine blocks of the facelifted MK2 ST's to help prevent cylinder liners cracking. They also quietly revised the oil filter housing in the facelift to stop that going. They never get rid of all faults/common problems but it always helps and you tend to get a few more features too!

not sure if I like the look of the front end or the rear

So - this came into my inbox from motoring.co.uk

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/ford-focus-with-new-exterior-design_61657?utm_source=motoring.co.uk&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter&src=motoring

Looks like Ford have continued the tradition of "get it on the road now, then fix the defects / makeup after a few years...

The Focus remains an excellent car, but I am disappointed that they feel the need to revise it years later, why cant they just get it right first time?never the less, looks good!

Whats your thoughts folks?

James, did you miss the club news on the 26th February?? :P

I am disappointed in the up coming diesel st. That is a car I have been waiting for. A cheaper diesel than vw golf gtd with good performance, except its the same 2.0L tdci engine with a remap of 182bhp. A normal 2L tdci gets 170 from a remap so I am truly disappoint I can't see a more coming from the 2.0 when its already pushed past 170. Such a let down. Might aswell buy a 2L tdci and get a remap

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

• Like 2

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/25/ford-focus-evs-slow-sales-trigger-massive-incentives/

Forth coming face lift focus looks exactly like the USA elctric focus already on sale there .Be afraid looks ugly as hell.

Also just google usa electric focus .

Glad i own the pre face lift.

• Like 1

Not really a fan tbh! Think the mk2 and mk2.5 are the best shaped focus in my opinion, don't like how they have made the focus more longer like the mk3 and this one, but just my opinion at the end of the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

Grill change shape might be due to looks to much like certain Aston Martins ?

• Like 3

Would i buy one ? :D yes , i like it.

Manufacturers are the same world wide , they need to keep interest in the cars so a face lift would have been on the cards from the word go. Yes they can and do make up grades and improvements.

I like the gadgets up grades they are planning , but im not keen on the new radio and dash , that does look like a step backwards , and have they dropped the Sony?

Since it's launch Europe have been left in the dark over the MFT screen and set up , although they are changing it slightly , i think they would have sold loads more if it had been a "world" car like they promised.

The main changes seem to be at the front end , it looks more like a Fiesta mk7.5 to me.

• Like 1

James, did you miss the club news on the 26th February?? :P

Apparently I missed that memo :p

OMG Chrome !Removed!'s Unite

I've personally gone off ford... Q the jeers and fruit throwing :unsure:

Id much prefer a Toyota GT86 BRZ

That's the only car that would replace one in my driveway

Ford sales and service let me down, and ya think your buying ford but underneath the bonnet "well its a joint venture between Citroen, Peugeot and ford" according to the sales man.

All i know is it cost me over 1,000euro to prevent th3 text book turbo failure at 90,000km

Newer laws bring in mandatory ESP which cant be turned off!

New 12 air bag system which adds weight,

I suppose it all depends on what a car means to you and what you want to use it for aswell as how often you plan to change it.

But for me..

There's a bit too much chrome and its overall height will make it handle bends at speed like an elephant on a tricycle,

But that leads us back to the question of "what does a car mean to you?"

Not really a fan tbh! Think the mk2 and mk2.5 are the best shaped focus in my opinion, don't like how they have made the focus more longer like the mk3 and this one, but just my opinion at the end of the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Here here brother,

Totally agree with you,

I can see WRC fiesta for the future models and a mini bus version of the focus ow there is already :lol:

Well I was in the market to trade in my Mk2 Zetec circa August this year or April next year.

Now in an ideal world, the Mk3 Titanium hatchback should have it on the Mk2.5 Titanium hatchback But liking the freedom of selfcatering holidays in Britain, I think the Mk3's ballpark reduction of circa 20% in bootspace was a big No No [ every Pro Review is in agreement] plusi'm not keen on the Front the Back, the Flanks [roof line was fine] the fussy dash was another No,No.

Now though I fancied the estate, a better looking car by a mile IMHO, the wife being a..........well woman, is in dread of threading its extra 202mm length around supermarket car parks :rolleyes:

Now the Mk2.5 is a better car in looks and kit than the Mk2. And like wise, though not to everybodies taste, I think the Mk3.5 is visually inside and out, and kit wise a better car than the Mk3.OK handeling has yet to be determined, but cars are getting bigger fronts to protect pedestrians [the biggest at risk group on the roads] And my wife and her 84 year old mother had been in a head on collision. So the more safety features the better as far as I'm concerned. Anybody prepared to trade life and limb for a better drive...............well better they contribute to somebody elses gene pool than mine :ph34r:

So all that said, I've decided to trade in my 2005 Mk2 Zetec for a 2010 Mk2.5 Titanium this year. Run that for three years, then trade that in for a three year old Mk3.5 top of the range estate if I can find one. Let somebody else eat a big chunk of depreciation.

I had considered, running the Mk2 for another three years, and going straight to the Mk3.5. But at some point it would need new tyres all round [ I only buy premium tyres] Brake Pads all round, Cambelt and the likes. So that and the fact I miss the Titanium toys I enjoyed in my Volvo S40, I discounted that option.

nice call! so when do you get your new toy?

Yeah I just saw that thread, lol, seems like I have been in my own alter reality for a while!

• Like 2

Yeah I just saw that thread, lol, seems like I have been in my own alter reality for a while!

Did you bump your head james :lol:

No need to bump it Kurt! the whiplash meant that I was on med's that drove me round and round! I was in and out of bed like a shot and knocked out for hours at a time, I was sleeping one point about 16 to 18 hours a day!

Starting to lose sleep now due to my operation and discomfort, so now i WANT to sleep that long and lose consciousness lol

• Like 1

All the makings of a good injury claim.HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT THAT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT!!!! CALL NOW 08OO-CLAIM-IT.

• Like 1

Already had calls from people who found me on the "national accident database" - I have my own solicitor with the insurance policy, will leave them to it!

Already had calls from people who found me on the "national accident database" - I have my own solicitor with the insurance policy, will leave them to it!

I got one phone call - the interest level dropped when I said I wasn't injured, just shaken up and then it disappeared completely when I pointed out that it was 100% my fault (although that parked car sped at me, hit me and drove off in the other direction :wacko:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

When prices are known I could be interested in a 1.5 Zetec model either a Ecoboost 180bhp or diesel 115bhp

down trading from my 62 plate Titanium maybe local dealers give me a good deal ??

You could probably get about £9k for your car at a stab int he dark guess Keith!

Sean, lol, thats an interesting explanation of it, but I told them I already have a solicitor and I am not going to risk conflict, told them they were welcome to speak to my solicitor and offer there assistance, they sadly declined the offer though lol