Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Facelift Focus - Mk3.5

jeebowhite

Hi Guys

I apologise if I put my posting in wrong part of forum ooophs senior moment, Keith

I've always wondered why Ford have chopped the boot space from class leading to almost nothing. Thus in my opinion losing a big selling point after driving experience

• Like 1

Maybe they should bring out a sedan ?

Maybe they should bring out a sedan ?

They do a sedan of the mk3 Focus, so the 3.5 will be in sedan form too - America gets is, Australia gets it, China too, probably parts of mainland Europe gets it - even Ireland gets it - yes that close, but the UK, no - as small saloons don't sell well here :(

I've always wanted the mk3 focus saloon and can only imagine the 3.5 saloon will look better again.

The rear just looks better - espeically the tail lights as they look mean, and not dopey like the hatch's.

Novo-Focus-Sedan-Titanium-2014+(14).JPG

(must admit this isn't the most flattering angle of the saloon, and the Titaniums look even better with the rear deck lid spoilers on)

Pic from: http://www.car.blog.br/2013/10/focus-seda-titanium-fotos-video-e-itens.html

You may be surprised to hear there's fiesta mk7 and mk 7.5 saloons out there too :)

• Like 1

Maybe a day trip to Ireland to buy one then ??

Sounds like a very good idea!

It looks great! I would buy that!! Ford don't sell focus vans in the uk either, how sad. A transit connect does mot have the feelbof a car and fiesta van is too small

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

Alot missing in fords line up. Also why does ford not have a sport hatchback focus size that is 3 dr with pure looks and performance, similar to vw scirocco the market is there

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

Maybe a day trip to Ireland to buy one then ??

I actually thought about that but people kept saying you'd get hammered with import taxes.

:-s

Not sure about import taxes, would have to read up on personal imports within EU countries

see what the customs take on that is ?

I believe that between EU, there is no import tax on certain products, although cars may be exceptional or pay a lesser fee.

Hi i found this calculator

" www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/187476064/#"

would have to adjust for focus model you want in euros and shipping and insurances, guesstimates made for examples ??

Had a mooch on fords Ireland website. Couldn't find any reference to the sedan ???

Edit: forget that its my poor search skills

Hi i went onto Ford.ie then looked for Focus/then build and price shows :- Focus Zetec/Body Style click on that gives you two options 23,035 Euros

4 door or 5 door, select 4 doors i.e saloon obvious old Mk3 as Mk3.5 has not hit them yet but no reason it wont in future !!

I've always wondered why Ford have chopped the boot space from class leading to almost nothing. Thus in my opinion losing a big selling point after driving experience

Could not agree more

An this article says it all really

http://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/Family-Hatchback-Biggest-Boot-671

In fact as the wife is dead against me getting the estate version [ it wouldn't put me off buying one though, if I really wanted one ]

But that said, I've stacked the pro's and con's up regards the Mk2.5 and the Mk3.5 And yes whilst I like the idea of a bit of poke with a turbo petrol engine variant, the lower road tax, a six speed box, a quicker 0 to 60 time. Want I really want out of a car, is an exellent driving experience, a comfortable ride, a decent boot, a good safety record, cheap to put right when it goes wrong, reliable uncomplicated technoligy. I dont want to pay £90 to hook my motor up to a main dealer diagnostics computer, hell I've bought motors for less money than that .

And to be honest you have all that in a normally asperated petrol engined Mk2.5 hatchback. So for me I reckon my next car will be a low milage three year old Mk2.5 Titanium, should put me on for circa another seven years.

And as I'll be 74 years old by then, I might be comparing Shearings Touring Coaches, with Robinsons Touring Coaches. Wife tells me Robinsons actually pick up 400 yards from out house. :D

Your as old as you feel, and I feel like a 35 yearold, but the wife says I cannot have one :ph34r:

Ha Ha well said, im 68 still of a boy racer, dont know if i will ever calm down

a 1.5 ecoboost 180bhp or what i have now 1.6tdci 115 tramps on a bit when

warm is a nice motor and can be very docile around town..but being honest

i like the look of the 4 dr saloon better than my 5 dr chopped off hatch..

Hi

I think i might go for a mondeo next time,

The boot space in a focus is pathetic,

Comparing the boot of a granada or sierra against a focus and mondeo lol

Jamie

Just been looking as the Ireland brochure for the Focus

As we know the UK focus has around 316 Litres of boot which goes down to 277 with a mini spare (according to brochure)

In contrast the Irish brochure the space can grow to a respectable (but not on par with previous) 363 litres with a tyres repair kit something which isn't mentioned in the UK edition (presume NA).

If the UK Focus does have this option it will indeed sway me towards the new model.

Also the Irish Focus don't have the Sony radio that the UK does (ST excluded)

Hi Chris

I must have missed that when on Irish site, was that hatchback or saloon you refer too

i got my 62 Titanium with 8600 miles on it, registered as me first owner, through a dealer in Thirsk,

and have asked the question can he handle imports from Ireland as yet no reply

Ha Ha well said, im 68 still of a boy racer, dont know if i will ever calm down

a 1.5 ecoboost 180bhp or what i have now 1.6tdci 115 tramps on a bit when

warm is a nice motor and can be very docile around town..but being honest

i like the look of the 4 dr saloon better than my 5 dr chopped off hatch..

Well after 50 years of driving, the beggers finally got me on an overtaking manouver, so it was either a "speed awareness course" or 3 points on my licence. Obviously I opted for the speed awareness course :rolleyes:

So I have to keep a clean speeding slate until December 2016. Then if caught speeding again, you can opt for the speed awareness course again instead of having to eat the 3 points. Obviously certain speed criteria apply ,for instance, I was clocked doing 63mph in a sneaky 50mph section. [ I blame my tomtom -_- ] If I had been clocked at 65mph, it would have been automatic points on my licence. :o

Agree regards the ommision of the spare, that would have tipped me as well.

Because all the fluff aside, the two things your really want out of a small family C-segment hatchback is the ability to accomadate 4 peeps with their stuff.

Keith

Everything in previous post is hatchback related (i.e the 5 door)

On a website note the Quote button doesn't appear to work just taking me to blank reply page

I got to admit I love the look of 4dr saloon, or sedan as the americans call it

as just my lass and me using it, could still get my weeks shopping in saloon boot..lol

• Like 1

I'm suprised at the positive comments towards the focus saloon picutre I posted - I thought I was the only one that liked them lol.

Shame they don't at least give us the option of the 4 door saloon focus.

I know small saloons aren't popular but theres a fair few on UK roads, with some new ones only appearing over the last few years even -we've got the Chevy Cruze saloon, Suzuki Kizashi saloon, VW Jetta (basically a Golf saloon), Audi A3 saloon. Skoda Rapid is a hatch back but shaped like a small saloon, and Chrysler Sebring although no longer available here, has been relauched as the Chyrsler 200 stateside, so could possibly show its face here eventually too.

Few more pics for the fans :P

2012-ford-focus-titanium-side.jpg

2012-Ford-Focus-Titanium-Photo-4.jpg

2012-ford-focus-titanium-rear-three-quar

I'll stop now. ;)

...erm, yeah, so to stay on topic - now the Focus mk3.5 hatch has been revealed, I'm looking forward to seeing the 3.5 saloon, (even though we won't get it :( lol)

Paul

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club