Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

derbyian1983

1.6 Tdci Mpg

Used to get 58-65 when I had mine.

A lot depends on your driving style, traffic, roads, traffic, weather etc...

Longish m-way runs for work was giving 57/58 on trip computer so prob 55/56 in reality. Dropped a bit now I'm working for home for a few weeks and pottering about.

Car desperately needs an higher fifth or even a extra 6th gear, then I'm sure it would make an easy 60+ .

50 - 55 I don't do a lot of motorway driving so this for me I thought was good.

I have noticed though when the weather is warmer for some reason it seems to run a lot better all round fuel wise etc

Not sure why it feels like it does but I will get at least 2-4 more when the weather warms up slightly like in the past few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I don't check as much as I useful to be my last check wad 61 mpg. Do spend quite a lot of time on the A1

dah    8

Have had 65mpg but had to work hard to get it most of the time 53 to 56.have 2 or 3 runs of 45 miles round trips a week to the hills of Matlock the rest town work.

Overall average of around 57 combined, but I don't do a lot of miles so an hour on the motorway at 60-65mph can nudge it up towards 62ish. I've had 68 at best, but that was after slipstreaming a truck at 55 down the M4 for about an hour.. not exactly realistic driving conditions. I'm mostly pottering around town, to the shops and back etc, so the engine is often cold which doesn't help. It'll be interesting to see how the warmer weather affects the economy as I've only had the car since November. Driving wise, I always try and pull away in 2nd then change straight to 4th...

I've started adding 2-stroke oil in with the fuel, about 300ml per full tank. My friend has a 2.0 Mondeo Zetec and he said this made a noticeable difference in his car (doing mostly motorway miles). I've found that it makes the engine run a little smoother and the fuel efficiency has improved a little. It costs about £5 per litre from Wilko's or Asda so I think it's worth a punt. If it increases the life expectancy of the engine then I'll be happy as I intend to keep this one for a long while!

I'm hoping to get it remapped sometime in the next 12 months, and having read mikeywalker1967's point about an air filter, I think I might consider some other minor engine upgrades to try and make it as efficient as possible - of course the cost of the upgrades will far exceed any financial return from increased fuel economy but who cares ;)

The computer says i am getting 69.8, it was 72.3 in the warmer weather, thats town driving and a bit on 40mph roads but no motorway. Thats taking it easy but once a month taking up the motorway to help the dpf thing. Mine is a 1.5 litre engine and have done a few 200 mile trips in it on motorways but the mpg dont seam to change that much, the average mph is 28.