Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Options And Swapping Cars

DarrylW91

Just wondering if anyone knows how Ford Options works in regards to trading in your car.

I've just signed up for a 3 year finance deal on a Zetec S, but I know I'll get tempted to look at other cars long before 3 years is up.

Does anyone know whether you can trade your car in early and how this works in terms of payments etc?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z using Ford OC Mobile App

You can trade in early. They will value your car on a PX basis less what you still owe, and use any balance towards a deposit on the new car. They will set it up as a new Finance deal.

The main thing to be wary of is the PX offer they make on yours. They gave me £6300 on a 2 year old Focus Estate and put it on sale for £8995. I wasn't too bothered as the Focus I bought had been reduced by £4000. So don't expect a great PX offer.

You have to keep it for a minimum of 9 months I belive, if you can time your change before your service is due and tax needs renewing you can save a few quid depending on what deal they offer you on the new car

Oh thats fine, I'll probs look to change after about 18-24 months.

Luckily I'm tax free! Need to make sure I do change before I reach my mileage allowance though

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z using Ford OC Mobile App

I was looking into this too. It's not as easy as just PX- it depends if you are in positive equity or negative equity of the car and if you are in negative then that is added on to the next car, it's easy to calculate yourself but I'm sure Ford will work out for yourself when you decide to Part Ex.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Need to make sure I do change before I reach my mileage allowance though

Your mileage allowance is irrelevant if you are trading the car in, other than affecting the PX valuation.

Going over your agreed mileage only matters if you intend to hand the car back when you will be charged for being over.

Your mileage allowance is irrelevant if you are trading the car in, other than affecting the PX valuation.

Going over your agreed mileage only matters if you intend to hand the car back when you will be charged for being over.

Oh I didn't know that.. well that's something less to worry about!

I haven't even taken delivery of the Fiesta yet so I'm definitely a way off part exchanging, but it's good to know that you have the option to trade in if you get bored etc.

This i correct i traded my (ford Options) focus in with 12,000 my deal was meant to be 6k a year only applies if u take it back after 2yrs and give it back. Also you can change car after 9mnths this is what i do

A bloke at work as the same deal but changes his religiously every 2 years seems a good deal or is it?,

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club