48 replies to this topic

#1 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

Ok so mo went back to Fords yesterday, they had her in a whole day then phoned me at 4pm to say there was nothing wrong with the indicators, ok so I was having none of that, drove down there and asked them how they had tested her, apparently in the car park!!!!!!! so I instructed they take her out, they went around an industrial estate - and the left indicator clicked off every time - well it probably did, as the main problem seems to be when coming off of roundabouts etc!!! I said I wasnt happy, id had a KA courtesy car, driven that exactly the same way I drive Mo and yet that little cars indicators cancelled out every time, I was told the steering wheel needs to be in a certain position for it to cancel off :rolleyes: do you know what, since ive had this car, ive grown to doubt my ability to drive, crunching reverse gear if I dont do the "3 second rule", indicators staying on if I dont keep an eye and cancel them myself, wondering if I am pulling away in 3rd and losing power, ive never had to worry so much in all my life about the works of my car.

So Monday I told them im coming back in the afternoon and want a senior technician to come out with me for a nice half hour long drive - to find as many roundabouts as possible, just to prove that I am not "making it up", which I was made to feel yesterday, I said I would keep a count over the weekend on the amount of times it didnt cancel off, and just driving back from them it happened 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need your help, those of you who are also suffering with the same problem, could you post here and let me know, as I want to go back armed with evidence that there is teething problem with the indicators. Thanks x

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:49 AM

Yes mine does it occasionally, though not as often as it used too. Also I've noticed that when it doesnt turn off I flick them back and it signals to go the other way! The indicators seem so sensitive I can indicate both ways several times before they turn off....looking like a bit of a lemon to the vehicle behind!

#3 AJS63

AJS63

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Titanium X, Tech Pack
Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

hi Michelle
take the Senior Technician round that roundabout on the A13 at Bowers Gifford - the one that takes you off to Canvey...... :lol:

Seriously though, hope you do get it sorted out.

regards
Andy

#4 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

This sometimes happens on my mk6 when i turn left. I wonder if Ford use older components on the new mk7, the round air vents are the same.

#5 hedgepig

hedgepig

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

I need your help, those of you who are also suffering with the same problem, could you post here and let me know, as I want to go back armed with evidence that there is teething problem with the indicators. Thanks x

No problem Michelle, always happy to help. :)

Mine has exactly the same problem and so did the two I test drove before I bought it.

As you know, it mainly happens on roundabouts or roads where you bear left or right.

Sometimes you can be turning right and a small turn back on the steering wheel cancels the indicator so I think the cancelling position may be wrong?

When I'm driving Noddy, I never have a problem as it cancels every time. :rolleyes:

It's just a small thing but it's very irritating and potentially dangerous as it could be overlooked.

As you say, take the guy out for a run where you know it won't cancel and then he'll have to agree that there is a fundamental problem with them.

#6 kremmen

kremmen

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Puma

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

This sometimes happens on my mk6 when i turn left. I wonder if Ford use older components on the new mk7, the round air vents are the same.

I have problems with the left not cancelling but to be honest I'm not too bothered ( maybe because I am used to my bike indicators also not cancelling).

At the risk of being beaten about the head with a blunt indicator stalk can I suggest you don't let it consume you :rolleyes:

Paul

#7 RSM123

RSM123

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS MK7
Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

I also have the indicator issue , although i tend to just switch it off and try to forget about it as i hate keep going to fords, when i was there last week i asked the guy and he said something about the ford kuga and a couple of other cars doing this aswell. Never said a cure for it though, ive always thought it could be the clock spring been put in the wrong place. Hope you get it sorted michelle.

#8 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

It doesn't bother me that mine wont turn off. I was told a long time ago (probably a urban myth) that when a new model comes out they use some of the old parts, and we should only buy the car when a new mk comes out and the teething troubles have been ironed out.
I think it was pub talk to be honest after several pints of lager. :lol:

#9 RIIIDAA

RIIIDAA

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Titanium, Tech & dress-up pack

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

It doesn't bother me hugely that mine occasionally wont turn off. It is a fault rather than the wheel not returning enough to trigger the switch

#10 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

When my new car comes and if it happens, I think i'd be a bit more put out after shelling out 13,000. slightly annoyed.

#11 mogwai

mogwai

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.6

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

I have not had the cancelling issue. However I had a slightly different indicator issue, the problem I had was that when indicating right the indicator in the drivers side headlight would not come on most of the time. But always worked when I locked and unlocked the car.

#12 rocky1722

rocky1722

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Name: Stephen
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta Zetec S in Race Red
  • Year: 2013

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

Yes I've found my indicators don't always cancel off by themselves

and finding reverse gear can be a nightmare :angry:

#13 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

Not had any problems when Ive been driving but obviously the wife drives it more than me and hasn't mentioned it. I will ask her when she gets home from work.

#14 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:29 AM

Thanks everyone for replying, ok its not a major problem but as my car is now worth about 16,000 I think I am within my rights to want it to be working 100%. I actually think it could be dangerous, if I come off a roundabout and not notice the left indicator has cancelled and I am approaching a junction where a driver waiting to pull out, assumes I am now going to turn left as I am indicating after all, it would cause an accident that ok I probably wouldnt be responsible for but again it would mean damage to two cars that were due to something that could have been avoided if the indicator had cancelled out.

Another problem I noticed this morning, is indicating right at a roundabout, I pulled away and within a couple of seconds it had cancelled off!!!!! so left doesnt cancel and right cancels too early lol I have to laugh or else I would scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reverse gear crunching has impoved however, I spoke with a mechanic at a garage not Ford related and he confirmed that all fords have a stupid gear box system and that the reverse isnt synched properly and will always crunch if not waiting the few seconds for the disc to stop spinning.

Andy - I was thinking of Sadlers farm too - hee hee evil devil that I am - 5 roundabouts in one!!!!!!!! will go for a practice run first over the weekend, people are going to think I am mad driving round and around.

#15 AJS63

AJS63

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Titanium X, Tech Pack
Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

Andy - I was thinking of Sadlers farm too - hee hee evil devil that I am - 5 roundabouts in one!!!!!!!! will go for a practice run first over the weekend, people are going to think I am mad driving round and around.

You won't look at all out of place. There's often plenty of bods driving round SF roundabout for hours on end trying to find their exit!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users