Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 sussex

sussex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

I spoke with a mechanic at a garage not Ford related and he confirmed that all fords have a stupid gear box system and that the reverse isnt synched properly and will always crunch if not waiting the few seconds for the disc to stop spinning.

Every Ford I have ever drived Focus/Ka/Fiesta MK5/6/7 have all crunched in reverse

#18 Martyn

Martyn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

mine has the indicator thing too

#19 Zippy

Zippy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

So does mine!! Mainly when turning left though, indicating to the right, it seems to cut itself back off okay.

#20 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

Off this afternoon to Fords, will update later, me and Max took her out for a little spin last night, we went around 8 roundabouts and 8 times she carried on indicating, indicating at junctions she is ok with, just dont like roundabouts lol.

#21 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

Off this afternoon to Fords, will update later, me and Max took her out for a little spin last night, we went around 8 roundabouts and 8 times she carried on indicating, indicating at junctions she is ok with, just dont like roundabouts lol.

So the problem is when you go on to the roundabout you indicate and its ok, but when you indicate off it doesnt cancel once you have straightened up?

#22 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

yeah thats exactly it, and you know what? its apparently normal, its all ok - the test confirmed that unless the steering wheel is turned completely to about 75% it does not make a click noise ready to enable to indicator to cancel out, now I demonstrated on a big bend off a roundabout even went off onto the outside lane and it didnt cancel off carried on flashing away until the technician had to cancel it off - he agreed it was wrong, but unfortunately is the ford design and not a fault in the car, we should be just using the one touch indicator instead of actually engaging the stalk right down!!!!! I asked him what car he drove, he said a Mondeo and his car would cancel on the roundabouts we tested, but he said that his car does not have the 1 touch indicator system, its a new system on the Fiesta - which doesnt necessary mean its correct. He then phoned Fords tech support and they confirmed that the 1 touch should be used when exiting at roundabout etc, if we are not happy with this explaination then to write to customer services at Ford head office and air our opinions, the more people do this the more they can see that maybe the deisgn is flawed - you know what? I just cannot be bothered now, I think it will just fall on deaf ears anyway, my experience with complaining over faulty goods in the past has never been resolved even when threated with legal action etc. We are just small fish in a big ocean!

#23 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Don't worry MichellefromEssex, everything will turn out ok in the end. This much I know for sure :)

#24 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Every Ford I have ever drived Focus/Ka/Fiesta MK5/6/7 have all crunched in reverse

Noddy's reverse gear doesn't crunch.................and neither did the other 2 Kas we've had! B)

#25 bunchie123

bunchie123

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

no probs on my 03 plate

#26 bunchie123

bunchie123

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

So does mine!! Mainly when turning left though, indicating to the right, it seems to cut itself back off okay.

ford can be hopeless sometimes for help

#27 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

I have "one touch indicators" and no probs with them, or the self cancel when using the full indicators either,also no probs with selecting reverse

Kristal

#28 Claudia

Claudia

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

Also having this problem :(

#29 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

I went around the round about and it didnt click off so i went into the middle of the road (its a wide road with no traffic on and it was midnight) and put the wheel over to the 75% like ford say and it clicked off!!!! Its totally stupid. The one touch indicator does go for long enough and doesnt give people enough warning IMO.

#30 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

Apparently the one touch flashes either 3, 5 or 7 times, mine is set to 3 which isnt enough, but I dont know how to change it to 7 which I think would be better, maybe I need to read that manual rofl.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users