Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Those with indicator issues put ya hand up

MichellefromEssex

So does mine!! Mainly when turning left though, indicating to the right, it seems to cut itself back off okay.

ford can be hopeless sometimes for help

I have "one touch indicators" and no probs with them, or the self cancel when using the full indicators either,also no probs with selecting reverse

Kristal

I went around the round about and it didnt click off so i went into the middle of the road (its a wide road with no traffic on and it was midnight) and put the wheel over to the 75% like ford say and it clicked off!!!! Its totally stupid. The one touch indicator does go for long enough and doesnt give people enough warning IMO.

Apparently the one touch flashes either 3, 5 or 7 times, mine is set to 3 which isnt enough, but I dont know how to change it to 7 which I think would be better, maybe I need to read that manual rofl.

Apparently the one touch flashes either 3, 5 or 7 times, mine is set to 3 which isnt enough, but I dont know how to change it to 7 which I think would be better, maybe I need to read that manual rofl.

Its under car settings. On mine the only options are 1 click or 3! No 5 or 7!!! 5 would be the best i think...

Its under car settings. On mine the only options are 1 click or 3! No 5 or 7!!! 5 would be the best i think...

Same for me Nipz

Ditto! Maybe they estimate that we should be around that corner in 3 clicks. We are too slow! :lol:

Its ridiculous, my only big gripe about the design of the new fiesta.

The short click indicator is good for changing lanes on the motorway but doens't work for going round a roundabout, i end up putting it on about 4 times!

I'm fairly certain that the Corsa also has this indicator issue. But who in their right mind would buy a Corsa eh? -_-

I'm fairly certain that the Corsa also has this indicator issue. But who in their right mind would buy a Corsa eh? -_-

It does - we test drove one on the same day as the Fiesta. Probably both manufacturers think of the short-burst indication facility more as an added "feature" than an issue, but the Corsa was doubly tricky in respect of the indicators because even when they're fully/properly on (rather than for a short burst), the indicator stalk still stays completely horizontal - whilst you knock it up and down to make the setting as normal, it's designed to send the command electronically and immediately recentre, so there's no physical feedback from just glancing at or feeling the position of the stalk. It seems minor, but we found that really offputting, and were very relieved that the Fiesta still leaves the stalk up for right hand indicating and down for left till it self-cancels or is cancelled. Technically we shouldn't need that reassurance when there's a signal light and ticking sound (as in all cars), but it's what we're used to!

Ditto! Maybe they estimate that we should be around that corner in 3 clicks. We are too slow! :lol:

:lol: I'm all for doing them at high speed :lol: It's really annoying round here in Milton Keynes, as we have roundabouts EVERYWHERE!, i try to avoid turning left sometimes :P

I have a BMW, what are these indicator things you talk about. :lol:

lol enough said :D :rolleyes:

Just out of interest what happens if you hold the indicator in place, so it keeps clicking but isn't set if you know what I mean, when you release it would it then do the 3 clicks and off?

Oh and on the Corsa indicators, that sounds like the same as the Astra we have as our work van and I've no problems with it resetting to the middle when they're set. But I do find it annoying when they don't click off and I cancel it and end up signalling the other way!

Its confusing enough on a motorway anyhow without checking to see if you are still indicating! And roundabouts, I normally go round and round anyhow cos I never know where I'm going. :ph34r:

You's all making me laff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its confusing enough on a motorway anyhow without checking to see if you are still indicating! And roundabouts, I normally go round and round anyhow cos I never know where I'm going. :ph34r:

You's all making me laff :lol: :lol: :lol:

So next time I see a black Fiesta going loopy round a roundabout I'll join up and we'll go loopy together! :lol::lol:

So next time I see a black Fiesta going loopy round a roundabout I'll join up and we'll go loopy together! :lol::lol:

I hope im around to see this!!!

At the Meet everyone should go around the same roundabout 4 or more times just because you can!

You lot are just too funny :lol:

You lot are just too funny :lol:

We aim to please--most of the time! :lol:

• 3 years later...

Hi there, although this is an old post now I stumbled across this website when trying to find an answer to the indicator problems mentioned earlier and thought I'd post an answer just in case it proves helpful to anyone out there including the OP etc! My 2010 fiesta was fine for 18 months before encountering this problem but personally I just couldn't leave this unresolved (soooo annoying! not to mention confusing to other road users) so I took it to Ford in my local town and left it with them for the day. Problem now fixed - all they said was that they replaced the indicator stalk (I didn't ask for the full ins and outs if it was anything more complex than that) and hey presto - now I have no problems! It was covered under the warranty so no cost either. Just thought I'd let you all know in case it helps! :)

I have a 2012 (62) fiesta metal. I thought I had indicator issues so asked ford to give it a check as they seemed to be clicking off or not clicking off at all in the wrong places! Ford told me it was all fine so I just learnt to ignore but now reading this I may have been right all along!!

Hi Emzy :) As you've been having the same problems as me and lots of others(!) I would agree that you've been right all along! :) I would take your car in to your local Ford service dept and ask them to change the indicator stalk as it isn't normal or fine!! As a bit of extra info having driven my car lots more today since they fixed it yesterday, it seems they've replaced the indicator stalk with a different type/style one (or fixed it to feel and act differently) - as in there's now (thankfully!) no flick it lightly up or down for 1 or 3 indicator flashes - or continuous when it decides it actually wants to stay on indefinitely! :s I think this is where the problem stems from personally. It's now just up or down and it cancels itself perfectly through just steer alone, just like it should and how every ford I've ever bought and driven before has! As for why they decided to add this extra feature I've no idea as it just seems to have caused everyone a whole lot of hassle, confusion and self-doubt! I mean in what situation would a single flash of the indicator be of any help to anyone anyway???! 3 isn't that much more helpful either really! I think 6/7 before a junction/roundabout etc is about right. Anyway, book it in with them and mention my post and say it's not normal nor fine and you want it fixed!! I used their Epping branch 01992 577615 so maybe refer them to the engineers there if they're not sure what to do or how to fix it as they fixed mine perfectly so should be able to fix yours and anyonelse's too! Good luck and let's hope we're the first of many, many fixes! :) PS If you want/need me to find out exactly what they did I'll gladly pop in and speak to them to find out and post full details on here as I just wasn't sure if this was still a problem or not as the original posts were so long ago.

• 10 years later...

The problem is FORD.  They have yet to manufacture a car without problems.  I have 2 Fords a Focus & a Fiesta.  The transmission on the Focus is a joke. The car skips & hops its way th driving speed and on occasion totally loses power..  Like all those other people the indicators tend to stay on from time to time.  FORD - never again P J Lyons. Email lyonspj@outlook.com

• Sad 1