Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Cambelt Snapped On Me Last Night ) Pics.

AJRTDDI

i moaned about my bad mpg on my last post... sadly on my way home from work i heard a unquie noise (sounds like driver side wheel arch rubing) ( I pulled over still same noise) Car still runing (Turned off the engine) wouldnt restarted (top end noise) Towed it home and found..

mkzw5z.jpg

sadly cause engine wouldnt restart and seezed. im guessing the valves was locking down on piston (cambelt didnt go with engine runing)

im gonna take off the head tomorrow and report the damage :(

• Like 1

Update. i removed the cam and cranked the engine. Engine seems to spin fine. so i dont think there no bad damage. (maybe few sightly bent valves)

• Like 2

hopefully its an easy fix mate.

yet people argued with me that these belts dont snap and not early either

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your whoas. Hopefully its not an expensive fix in the end.

149,000 miles. had car few months told belts had been changed. (bull.....

i still cant split the cat (downpipe) from the manfold so i can get the head off its a real pig!

none turbo clips will undo (just spinning around) limited time work 12 hour shifts :(

do anyone got pics of timming marks for cams and crank pleaseeeee :)

will the engine benifit from new valves and guides ect? or just swap out the valves and reseat them.

3 tiny bent valves (not seating and leaking petrol when put in port)

10shphu.jpg

4 inlet valves
4 Exhuast valves
Cambelt and Tensioner
Water pump
Headgasket
Head rebuild kit ( Valve Stem seals and gasket's)
oil change and Filter

Total bill

£252 Inc Vat.

• Like 1

BIG QUESTION

Will my Valve guides be ok and how do i test for it ????????

BIG QUESTION

Will my Valve guides be ok and how do i test for it ????????

Hi mate.

I'm not sure how to test for it, but if the guides are removable, and you have the time (and ability) to do the job, it might be worth the effort now to replace the whole lot. That should ensure you engine is in tip-top condition as soon as you bolt it all back together :)

Also, before the belt failed, was there any noise off it? Mine is making a bit of a squeal, and I have no idea when it was last changed. I'm thinking change the belts to be on the safe side?

Edited by MiltyG565

my new parts are here today and hopfully start if i can get my hands on valve remover.

Did you find the timing marks before removal did/does the fuel pump need to be locked in position and did you lock the crank .once back together it's best to turn it over a few times with a spanner/wrench to make sure everything is back as it should instead of starting it on the key and finding out something is catching .hope it goes ok

im pretty sure there are no timming marks on tddi. im sure there are 5 different tool needed todo this job and im getting very dishearted.

Flywheel locking tool (FORD 21-168 (No. 303-393))
Camshaft timing tool (FORD 21-162B (No. 303-376)
Camshaft gear puller (FORD 21-229 (No. 303-651))
TDC timing pin (FORD 21-104 (No. 303-193))

Locking tool for camshaft gear (FORD 15-030A (No. 205-072)

if i do this rebuild inc valve guide job gonna cost around £500 at this rate.. :(

I'll have to try and cheap out on some items. (use bolt as TDC lockout pin)

The pump and crack are still in time because it was only the cam belt that went.

as aslong as its TDC and somthing is holding it.

The cam should lock out on the rear end of cam with apeice of steel. Should time up ok :)

Should be able to get a locking pin set cheap off eBay cant see why you need a cam shaft gear puller .the crank is usually locked at the fly wheel or through the block onto the crank I would not assume the pump and crank are still timed usually you have to lock the pump off through a recess into the pump I would check and double check everything before a restart would it not be cheaper to source another head off the likes of eBay plenty of tddi's being broken on there .

i work too much and relie on my car for transport. i need it done by monday.

Parts

33lchg4.jpg

Bedding in Valve Seats.
2lmrn8h.jpg

Installed new valve seals and refitted springs and tested for 1 hour for leakage. None found :D

new Valves

i1bguv.jpg

Refit Camshaft with polished and lubed Shell bearing.

Sadly i have no timming tools for the tddi. upon refitting tomorrow. So wish me luck lol

You might be able to use the shank of a drill bit as a timing pin used this method before not sure if the tddi engine is the same as the tdci just with a different injection unit but if it helps I,ve taken a snap shot of the manual for youpost-29006-0-25609000-1394918880_thumb.jpost-29006-0-25742300-1394918814_thumb.j

Parts

33lchg4.jpg

Bedding in Valve Seats.

2lmrn8h.jpg

Installed new valve seals and refitted springs and tested for 1 hour for leakage. None found :D

new Valves

i1bguv.jpg

Oooh, shiny new valves! The car might run better than before with all this work you're doing! :D

• Like 1