Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Fiesta - How Many Faults Does Yours Have?

Martyn

Dear All,

I am the "proud" owner of a Fiesta Titaniam on an 09 plate, its spec is:

• 3dr titanium
  • avalon blue
  • 17" alloys upgrade from standard titanium.
  • keyless/power button
  • usb + bluetooth + voice control

From the begining i have had a few problems with it,

1. Drivers door window seal had to be re adjusted 4 times! solved.

2. Passenger Door Locks had to be replaced 2 times, and still not right.

3. Usb and line in socket was very loose so replaced, solved.

4. Plastic loose bits in the head lining rattling, solved.

5. Inidicator problem mentioned in other threads, still not right.

6. sqeaky peddals, seems to be solved,

7. radio looses bass with adaptive volume enabled, still not right

8. sqeaky wing mirrors when folding in past their point, still not right,

i since found out they have changed the radio and so am currently pressing them to uprade the radio, it is a great car i know it sounds daft after all mentioned above, but it is a dream to drive and with all the features on it, its so easy, very pleased, just annoyed with all the issues im having. I would buy another which i guess is the main thing just want these things sorted :(.

PLEASE REPORT BACK TO ME ABOUT YOURS.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magenta

• KeithC

• Martyn

• AndrewL

Top Posters In This Topic

Rear window seal replacing.

Indicator not clicking off... going to see about it at the courtesy check.

Engine immobiliser light stayed on during a drive... appears to be a one off though *touch wood*

Sometimes doesn't engage into reverse easily... not a daily problem though, unlike some folks have it.

Overall no real complaints, as they're just 'teething troubles', I believe. Great car to drive, and I just love it to bits!!!

What's this with them changing the radio?? to a different type? or what? now you've got me wondering, lol.

Abbie

Any car built after feburary has a totally different software in it for the radio, one main feature i want is the fact in the AUX section you can play something called "BT Audio" which is the memory card in the phone linked by bluetooth, thus playing the music/sat nav stored on your phone through the car

how cool is that? x there are other features that the menus and look and feel of the operation is different too, no more holding down the down arrow to go from A to Z, it steps in 5's. etc... nip in your ford dealer one day and have a play with the showroom models now, radio is totally diferent in software, looks the same but the operation and way its displayed is different.

At first glance it looks the same but in the menus there is alot more features esp on the titanium.

This tech stuff goes totally over my head, I'm afraid, lol.

I just use the Aux cable thingy to play my music off the phone.

This tech stuff goes totally over my head, I'm afraid, lol.

I just use the Aux cable thingy to play my music off the phone.

bless ya :)

I also love my car but its been back to fords 3 times already and I have to go back again tomorrow to prove my point about the indicators, which I should not have to do, its also been back to Mountune since the upgrade, my faults have included:

Boot catch not working, saying boot was always open even when slammed - resolved

Drivers seatbelt not pulling across body correctly - resolved (new belt)

Reverse gear crunching, jumping out of gear - not really resolved but have to put up with

Left indicator not cancelling - on going

Squeeky clutch pedal - Mountune greased it up when I had their upgrade and since then been fine.

Speaker vibrating when music on 20 - worked out to be a bottle of de icer in the door pocket ROFL

Loss of power a few occasions since Mountune upgrade when pulling away in 1st gear after cold start - in process of resolving

I have the same problem with my reverse gear as Michelle, though it has been happening less often more recently. - again told to put up with by ford.

Radio problem - volume control not working occasionally but then works if you turn the engine off for 10 minutes - seems to have been resolved.

I had a really bad oil leak in mine, randomly checked under the bonnet after a couple of weeks to see oil all over the place, the spark plugs were flooded and there was no oil left when checking the dip stick!

Got that sorted but when i collected it from them one of the wing mirror covers was missing!! They ordered another one for me for free though, and then I noticed the passenger side window button would come out of the door when pulling it with almost no effort, they sorted that out when i went to get the wing mirror cover put back on.

No other issues so far apart from sometimes finding that when I plug my iPhone into the usb port it says "error reading device", but after a couple of attempts it works so i'm not sure if it's just my phone being stupid :s

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum, where abouts in Essex are you? wasnt driving about Basildon yesterday afternoon was you? as I saw a sea grey zetec s just like yours for the first time then.

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum, where abouts in Essex are you? wasnt driving about Basildon yesterday afternoon was you? as I saw a sea grey zetec s just like yours for the first time then.

please keep updating maybe we will be able to see a common list maybe pin if possible too.

thanks

• 17" alloys upgrade from standard titanium.

How much extra did you pay for the upgrade? Also did they put the 17" alloys on at the factory or did they replace them once it had arrived at the dealers?

How much extra did you pay for the upgrade? Also did they put the 17" alloys on at the factory or did they replace them once it had arrived at the dealers?

ordered from factory like itm extra £90 i think at the time.

ordered from factory like itm extra £90 i think at the time.

Is that all!? I paid £95 just to have the optional 16" alloys! I wanted the 17" alloys but they said i had to get the Titanium X pack! :angry:

bluetooth and voice control are not working anymore....I can connect the bluetooth, but when I want to call a phone number the radio or the cd player doesn't stops, and it's not switching on the phone mode...and the voice control it's dead. :(

This morning the bluetooth and the voice control were working......It's a computer problem for sure. Anyone with those problems?

god all these faults , iv got a mk6 58 and not had a singe fault (touch wood) sorry to here all this mind. im well happy with my car like . see you all on the 31st at donny

The other day my bluetooth turned itself off and I had to turn it back on from the phone menu on the car. Not sure why it happened, maybe I "debonded" :)

No, I'm in Loughton, not near Basildon so wouldn't have been me!

Any car built after feburary has a totally different software in it for the radio, one main feature i want is the fact in the AUX section you can play something called "BT Audio" which is the memory card in the phone linked by bluetooth, thus playing the music/sat nav stored on your phone through the car

how cool is that? x there are other features that the menus and look and feel of the operation is different too, no more holding down the down arrow to go from A to Z, it steps in 5's. etc... nip in your ford dealer one day and have a play with the showroom models now, radio is totally diferent in software, looks the same but the operation and way its displayed is different.

At first glance it looks the same but in the menus there is alot more features esp on the titanium.

Tell us about this? My biggest disappointment with this car is the complete lack of configurability of any of the features. Even my Corsa allowed me to set up things like anti-hijack and auto homing lights from the menu; Ford tell me this work requires plugged into the Diag bench at a cost of £61. (and I told them to !Removed! off)

The Fiesta allows me to configure my indicators and auto-fold mirrors. That's it. RUBBISH!

Would there be a way to upgrade the firmware on the car, or did it involve hardware changes?

Chris...

Just the one visit for an 'Engine Malfunction' error. This apparently was not a component issue, but a software error. Essentially, they have just upgraded the software. Fine now.

Here's a new one I've noticed!

Roll down the window, switch on the air-con and CLUNK. Wait about thirty seconds and CLUNK!

The pressure release valve for the air-con is the noisiest I've ever heard... It sounds like a component is actually falling off the car and onto the ground!

It'll (I'm hoping) settle down, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has this?

Chris...

I have one and only one issue with my car..

It's still in bits in Collone and the workers are sipping Kvas instead of putting her together!

Bad times!

Mines gonna have to go back for the 4th time, first time was transmission light, second was engine management and transmission lights, 3rd was engine management and seatbelt lights, and the seatbelt light has just come back on tonight.

Getting pretty !Removed! off with the car now, Ford keep telling me its just a software fault but to be honest I think they are just fobbing me off.

No problems with mine so far.

Only trouble are the people who want´s to talk about it, try to sit in it, try out the voice control, tell me how great it looks, and so on.

I hope I´m not alone with these "problems"? ;)