Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres

bracken

hi want to change my rear tyres on my 05 1.6 focus , what is the most quiet tyre for road noise ?

Yep, the general consensus seems to be the Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance tyres - everyone seems to recommend them.

I got them about 2/3 months ago, they've been really good in terms of noise, and excellent grip too.

• Like 1

I've been running on Goodyear Optigrips on the rear axle since October 2010, and same tyres on the front axle since August 2010. Due an axle swap September this year.

I researched and opted for said tyres on their competitor beating "anti aquaplanning" properties.

It's stopping capabilites that matter, and wet stopping more so, four bits of rubber between you and the road, they better be good. Mine were manufactured in Germany, so quality should be good.

That said, as Incontro intimated, the Goodyear Efficient Grip is an excellent tyre, scoring well above the Optigrip in the fuel economy index. And came out top in the Auto Express Tyre Test 2012.

• Like 1

I'm also running on Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance and finding that they are a great tyre

just went and purchased a [new to me] exactly 3 years old today Mk 2.5 Focus Titanium 1.6 petrol

It has 28k on the clock, and it is sporting Goodyear Efficent Grip Performance on the rear axle, and Michelin Primacy HP's on the front axle, so quite happy with those.

As the fronts on my Mk2 Focus wear at approaching twice the rate of the rear tyres, I'll eventually replace them with matching Efficient Grip Performance. Placing the new tyres on the rear axle, bringing the existing rear axle tyres to the front axle. As per industry recommendations.

Think I have Michelin Primacy 3 on my car, good tyre, cant comment on road noise as I have a different set on the front.

I have different makes of tyres all round with varying degrees of tread remaining (was like that when I got it 8months ago). I have to be honest, they are borderline dangerous in the wet with hardly any traction whatsoever.

Was held up in traffic not long ago on an uphill road and it had been raining so the surface was wet/damp.

When I tried to move off, the front wheels just span with the traction control not being able to handle it.

This really opened my eyes to the importance of having decent tyres fitted and I plan to have the "efficient grip performance" tyres fitted all round soon.

It's gonna cost me,the best part of £360 but it's worth the financial pain.I think..

try these and save some cash brilliant tyres and brilliant reviews the renault gt comes with them as standard vredestian sportrac

Just had a look mate.

Cheapest I can find is £90 per tyre. 205/50/17 V delivery only.

Not a bad alternative....

they are very very good tyres fitted to a lot of performance cars and brilliant in all weathers and exactly what im replacing mine with when the time comes

they are very very good tyres fitted to a lot of performance cars and brilliant in all weathers and exactly what im replacing mine with when the time comes

Think I'll do the same. They came a close second to the Goodyear tyre but are £30 cheaper per tyre so it's a no-brainer really.

Good find bud.

By the way, I've just realised I've been looking at the wrong speed rating for my car.

It currently has 93w all round but the "vredestian sportrac 5" I've been looking at are "V" rated.

Is it important that I get exactly the same as what is currently on the car?

It's an estate if that helps?

they are very very good tyres fitted to a lot of performance cars and brilWliant in all weathers and exactly what im replacing mine with when the time comes

what tyres we talking here ?

Artscot was referring to the "vredestian sportrac 5" tyre mate.

They are at least £25 cheaper per tyre than the Goodyear tyre.

I am going to be getting these soon.

ive had them many times on old cars and i cant rate them high enough in my opinion they are better than goodyear but thats my opinion they do stick to the road like glue and can help cornering massively yet many people have never heard of them a renault gt comes with them now as standard and thats got way more power than the focus

Are they really that good?

Better get them quick then because once the kids in their boy racer cars get wind of them, the prices will rocket!

Seriously though, my tyres are appalling mate.

Thought they'd stopped making the Renault GT?

Is it a turbo like the old days??

the makers went for grip over rolling resistance so the results are

dry braking 97.2%

dry handling 99.1%

wet cornering 99.6%

wet braking 98.0%

wet handling 99.4%

over all 2nd place to the goodyear efficientgrip narrowly though

forget avons and falkens theyre not as good as these those who know decent tyres buy these they were known on the vw forum many cars running 200bhp or more and 300ftlb torque were using these for theyre grip

Just doing a search on prices now.mate.

Blackcircles.com don't do that specific tyre so am looking elsewhere.

Cheers pal. Appreciate your help.

Just a quick one.

I've found them on camskill (£81) but the load rating is 89v but mine are currently 93W

Does this matter? Mine is an estate if it matters....

its not an issue if its on the same axle ie not different load ratings each side its all about the maximum weight that can be carried the difference between the two is 60kgs check the sizes or call them as there are 91 and 94 rating tyres

Just had tyres fitted , wow what a differance , had perelli in the end but had a great deal