Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry/Power start on new MK7 Fiesta

plunder

Hello,

I have a Fiesta Titanium on order and I am now considering adding Keyless/Power Start to the build.

My question concerns the outside door handles - I believe that there is a small black button added?

Does anyone have any photos showing this? Is it included on both doors? Is it colour coded or always black?

Do people think this makes the door handles a little ugly? Does it also add a keyhole on both door handles?

It seems "keyless" is still a compromise somehow... lose a key gain a little black button... hmmm.

I need to see pictures but have had trouble finding any. Also how does the steering lock work now with power start?

What do you think? Keyless yes or no? Also i have a new spare wheel from a Fiesta MK6 will it fit a MK7?

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first new car and im nervous i'm gonna get it wrong! :blink:

Thanks for any help you can offer.

plunder

Question:

My question concerns the outside door handles - I believe that there is a small black button added?

Does anyone have any photos showing this? Is it included on both doors? Is it colour coded or always black?

Answer:

I have this on my car, both sides yes do have little buttons, i personally do not think they are easily noticeable, they are not colour coded no.

Question:

Do people think this makes the door handles a little ugly? Does it also add a keyhole on both door handles?

Answer:

No, you still have the key hole as well!, they are a little thicker but not much.

Question:

It seems "keyless" is still a compromise somehow... lose a key gain a little black button... hmmm.

Answer:

You still recieve a key inside the key fob, no idea what use it is though yet. lol

Question:

I need to see pictures but have had trouble finding any

Answer:

I can take some if no one else posts some, its not a problem, let me know.

Question:

Also how does the steering lock work now with power start?

Answer:

It doesnt, simply, lol i also was concerned when i relised this. no idea what we can do though, probabily nothing.

Question:

What do you think? Keyless yes or no?

Answer:

YES i would order again, i love the keyless feature although i do have some concerns, like you can start the engine then get out and go in the house whilst taking the key and the engine continues to run! The car does not say, no key and cut power to the engine.

Question:

Also i have a new spare wheel from a Fiesta MK6 will it fit a MK7?

Answer:

No Idea, dealer should know. I personally have a "tyre destroyer" quoted by salesman lol, kit in the back of mine. This is the can of stuff to put in a flat tyre, but it will only get u to the tyre place, no furher. BUT if you are ordering it, simply tell the salemens to add the "spare wheel" extra on, its free anyway. (I didnt find out till after.)

[ BUT if you are ordering it, simply tell the salemens to add the "spare wheel" extra on, its free anyway. (I didnt find out till after.)

Think you will find since begining of April this has been a chargeable extra at £30,unless you can get the dealer to throw it in for nothing, still worth the £30 though, better than the "Tyre destroyer"

Here's a piccy of the handle and button. As you can see, it's not that big but darker colours obviously hide it better. Well worth it IMO.

handle.jpg

Steering lock is electric with keyless entry. It engages about thirty seconds after turning off. You can hear it operating if you sit in the car with power off. It disengages when you press the clutch too

Ray

Steering lock is electric with keyless entry. It engages about thirty seconds after turning off. You can hear it operating if you sit in the car with power off. It disengages when you press the clutch too

Ray

Is that the clunk noise you hear? sounds more like a relay.

Question:

What do you think? Keyless yes or no?

Answer:

YES i would order again, i love the keyless feature although i do have some concerns, like you can start the engine then get out and go in the house whilst taking the key and the engine continues to run! The car does not say, no key and cut power to the engine.

If I step more than a couple of feet away from the car with the key on me and the engine running, the computer comes up with "Key Outside Car". The engine is still running, but I think it cuts out if it stays like that for too long. (I didn't try!)

I do like the Keyless Entry though. I wouldn't hesitate to get it again.

If I step more than a couple of feet away from the car with the key on me and the engine running, the computer comes up with "Key Outside Car". The engine is still running, but I think it cuts out if it stays like that for too long. (I didn't try!)

I do like the Keyless Entry though. I wouldn't hesitate to get it again.

how do you know this if you walked away like me? maybe it does say something lol i was not in the car at the time, lol

how do you know this if you walked away like me? maybe it does say something lol i was not in the car at the time, lol

Leave someone else in the car :ph34r:

Spare wheel from Mk.VI should fit a Mk.VII no problem. Why do you need to know this though?? Make sure you ask for the spare wheel when you order the car, else you will only get a pump and a bottle of goo. Which obviously wont be much help when you need to use the spare wheel

Spare wheel from Mk.VI should fit a Mk.VII no problem. Why do you need to know this though?? Make sure you ask for the spare wheel when you order the car, else you will only get a pump and a bottle of goo. Which obviously wont be much help when you need to use the spare wheel

The dealer has quoted me £30 for a spare wheel and i already have a new spare wheel and jack/spanner etc. from a MK6 so thought

if they were the same fit i'd save the money and just use the one i already have. As to the "Tyre Destroyer" i spoke to the dealer about it

and he recommended it as a good alternative to changing the wheel. When i asked about tyre repair garages not liking them, he told

me that many like Kwikfit won't touch them but that Ford dealers use a special solvent to remove the "gunge" and that Ford dealerships would repair punctures free of charge for life.

I thought this sounded quite good, so i fancy the idea of having both.

As to the keyless question... i've decided to try to get it added to my order after i was shown how the buttons on the door also central lock the car

with a double press when leaving the car. I was under the impression that you still had to use the key fob to lock the car.

So the key fob never has to see the light of day at all. Impressive!

Interesting to note that on a 5 door there are buttons on the back doors as well, but these ARE colour coded, whereas the ones on the front doors are not!?

Why have Ford become scared of a small spray of paint at the factory nowadays i wonder.

I'm going to cancel the front parking sensors and just get the rear ones... hopefully the dealer will be able to give these a spray of White and the buttons on the front doors as well.

plunder

The dealer has quoted me £30 for a spare wheel and i already have a new spare wheel and jack/spanner etc. from a MK6 so thought

if they were the same fit i'd save the money and just use the one i already have. As to the "Tyre Destroyer" i spoke to the dealer about it

and he recommended it as a good alternative to changing the wheel. When i asked about tyre repair garages not liking them, he told

me that many like Kwikfit won't touch them but that Ford dealers use a special solvent to remove the "gunge" and that Ford dealerships would repair punctures free of charge for life.

As to the keyless question... i've decided to try to get it added to my order after i was shown how the buttons on the door also central lock the car

with a double press when leaving the car. I was under the impression that you still had to use the key fob to lock the car.

Interesting to note that on a 5 door there are buttons on the back doors as well, but these ARE colour coded, whereas the ones on the front doors are not!?

Why have Ford become scared of a small spray of paint at the factory nowadays i wonder.

I'm going to cancel the front parking sensors and just get the rear ones... hopefully the dealer will be able to give these a spray of White and the buttons on the front doors as well.

plunder

Spraying parking sensors is NOT recommened, because it interfers with the ultrasonic waves, colour coded sensors are normally made using a pigment of the colour you want. This is why ford have left them black.

keyless ignition / entry is awesome, ugly door handles? give me strength...

preview.jpg

The phob stays in your pocket, i.e. keyless - no fannying about in the cold / wet / dark.

Don't be tempted to push your luck with walking away from a car with the engine running, if your mk 7 gets beyond a certain range it will shut down so my dealer told me, and then both phobs have to be reprogrammed. (this is probably worked by the ecu using odometer reading VS key outside car alert, but I'm not planning to experiment.)

I have a Fiesta Titanium on order and I am now considering adding Keyless/Power Start to the build.

Buy tech pack, you can't add usb after

yes, tiny

Does anyone have any photos showing this?

See above

Is it included on both doors?

Yes

Is it colour coded or always black?

Well if you buy black it's colour coded ;)

Do people think this makes the door handles a little ugly?

No but the keylock does if you want to be picky :blink:

Does it also add a keyhole on both door handles?

No http://greenhornet.zampa.co.uk/P1000330_small_TGH.JPG

'It seems "keyless" is still a compromise somehow... lose a key gain a little black button... hmmm.'

Do you want it to pop the door open for you as you approach?? (automatics still require a driver ya know :rolleyes:

'I need to see pictures but have had trouble finding any.'

Granted

'Also how does the steering lock work now with power start?'

Electronically

'What do you think? Keyless yes or no?'

YES EVERY TIME

'Also i have a new spare wheel from a Fiesta MK6 will it fit a MK7'

Yep

'Sorry for all the questions but this is my first new car and im nervous i'm gonna get it wrong! :blink: '

NP

'Thanks for any help you can offer.'

YW

plunder

I dont really understand what you are saying. If you take the jack and spare out of another car then that car will no longer have a jack and spare!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!? So what are you going to do? continually move the spare tire from car to car?????

Also as I have already told you the front sensors are in the grille, under the numberplate, on either side. They wouldnt need colour coding!!!

see this image

gallery_3890_92_61869.jpg

Thanks to shabazmo for the pic

I dont really understand what you are saying. If you take the jack and spare out of another car then that car will no longer have a jack and spare!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!? So what are you going to do? continually move the spare tire from car to car?????

Also as I have already told you the front sensors are in the grille, under the numberplate, on either side. They wouldnt need colour coding!!!

Sorry i strongly disagree, the sensors look awful! i attach a photo of one near me with sensors,

P2280249.jpg

It doesnt show so much on purple BUT it still looks out of place.

Sorry i strongly disagree, the sensors look awful! i attach a photo of one near me with sensors,

P2280249.jpg

It doesnt show so much on purple BUT it still looks out of place.

Hmmm i didnt realise that there were ones above the fog lights as well, so my apologies, got to admit they are almost invisible on shabazmo's black fiesta... The ones in the grille dont look that bad do they?

There's no worries about getting them painted, all the top makes have theirs colour coded and it doesn't affect them in the slightest.

Them sensors have nothing to do with the keyless entry which are above the fog lights. Thats the front parking sensors :rolleyes: I bet you have the rear sensors aswell....

What the hell? :blink:

:D

Oppsie, i should of read the topic a bit earlier on :lol: ignore that :P

not to worry, you have to be so careful these days.......

Hello,

What do you think? Keyless yes or no? Also i have a new spare wheel from a Fiesta MK6 will it fit a MK7?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

plunder

Personally I wouldn't touch keyless with a bargepole although I would have liked the power start. :rolleyes:

But you can't have one without the other so in answer to your question, for me it's a big fat NO.

Don't bother with that gunk that goes in your tyres either--if / when you use it your tyres will be totally wrecked and no matter what they tell you it'll be new tyres that you need.

Far better to get a spare wheel even though I understand that they now cost €30!

I've got the gunk and not the spare wheel. Can I just buy one from Ford or do I have to go elsewhere? I asked about this in the showroom and he said it was the best way. Probably easier for me anyhow as being a lowly female I cant change a tyre! :lol: :lol:

No offence to other females out there, I just cant do it. Its heavy, its dirty, the screws and nuts and stuff are always too tight and I would worry that the wheel would fly off as soon as I'm done.

Sorry guys I just need to ask a question,I love the idea of keyless entry/power start,especially for a female as you dont need to fumble around in your bag looking for the key to get in,not nice in some parking spots but, and this maybe a female type question..........I guess the fob thingy has a battery?and if the battery fails the car wont recognise you need to start the car .so how do you start it if the fob thingy goes dead as I said maybe just me but it crossed my mind at least with a key even a remote key you still can get in and still start the car.........or can you? answers please in english .......and remember ime Blonde thanks guys :lol:

Kristal xxxx

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club