41 replies to this topic

#16 Martyn

Martyn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

I dont really understand what you are saying. If you take the jack and spare out of another car then that car will no longer have a jack and spare!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!? So what are you going to do? continually move the spare tire from car to car?????

Also as I have already told you the front sensors are in the grille, under the numberplate, on either side. They wouldnt need colour coding!!!

Sorry i strongly disagree, the sensors look awful! i attach a photo of one near me with sensors,

Posted Image

It doesnt show so much on purple BUT it still looks out of place.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

Sorry i strongly disagree, the sensors look awful! i attach a photo of one near me with sensors,

Posted Image

It doesnt show so much on purple BUT it still looks out of place.

Hmmm i didnt realise that there were ones above the fog lights as well, so my apologies, got to admit they are almost invisible on shabazmo's black fiesta... The ones in the grille dont look that bad do they?

#18 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

There's no worries about getting them painted, all the top makes have theirs colour coded and it doesn't affect them in the slightest.

#19 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

please delete :)

#20 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

Them sensors have nothing to do with the keyless entry which are above the fog lights. Thats the front parking sensors :rolleyes: I bet you have the rear sensors aswell....

What the hell? :blink:

:D

#21 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

Oppsie, i should of read the topic a bit earlier on :lol: ignore that :P

#22 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

not to worry, you have to be so careful these days.......

#23 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hello,
What do you think? Keyless yes or no? Also i have a new spare wheel from a Fiesta MK6 will it fit a MK7?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

plunder

Personally I wouldn't touch keyless with a bargepole although I would have liked the power start. :rolleyes:

But you can't have one without the other so in answer to your question, for me it's a big fat NO.

Don't bother with that gunk that goes in your tyres either--if / when you use it your tyres will be totally wrecked and no matter what they tell you it'll be new tyres that you need.

Far better to get a spare wheel even though I understand that they now cost 30!

#24 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

I've got the gunk and not the spare wheel. Can I just buy one from Ford or do I have to go elsewhere? I asked about this in the showroom and he said it was the best way. Probably easier for me anyhow as being a lowly female I cant change a tyre! :lol: :lol:

No offence to other females out there, I just cant do it. Its heavy, its dirty, the screws and nuts and stuff are always too tight and I would worry that the wheel would fly off as soon as I'm done.

#25 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

Sorry guys I just need to ask a question,I love the idea of keyless entry/power start,especially for a female as you dont need to fumble around in your bag looking for the key to get in,not nice in some parking spots but, and this maybe a female type question..........I guess the fob thingy has a battery?and if the battery fails the car wont recognise you need to start the car .so how do you start it if the fob thingy goes dead as I said maybe just me but it crossed my mind at least with a key even a remote key you still can get in and still start the car.........or can you? answers please in english .......and remember ime Blonde thanks guys :lol:

Kristal xxxx

#26 shabazmo

shabazmo

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Name: Shabaz
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
  • Year: 2009

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

For what its worth I think the keyless entry/start is excellent.

#27 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:25 AM

Sorry guys I just need to ask a question,I love the idea of keyless entry/power start,especially for a female as you dont need to fumble around in your bag looking for the key to get in,not nice in some parking spots but, and this maybe a female type question..........I guess the fob thingy has a battery?and if the battery fails the car wont recognise you need to start the car .so how do you start it if the fob thingy goes dead as I said maybe just me but it crossed my mind at least with a key even a remote key you still can get in and still start the car.........or can you? answers please in english .......and remember ime Blonde thanks guys :lol:

Kristal xxxx

Although I've never tried it, hidden inside the fob is an actual key, so I'm presuming you unlock the car with that. Obviously there's no key hole for the ignition, so not a clue if it will or won't start. It probably says in the manual but I'm at work now and I haven't read it since the first week we got it.

#28 raycopper

raycopper

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta
Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:23 AM

Kristal xxxx

The car warns you that the battery is getting low. If it were to go flat though, you remove the cover of the fob and use the key inside to get in. You then hold the fob right next to the sensor on the steering column and I guess it can then induce enough current to activate the system

Ray

#29 RIIIDAA

RIIIDAA

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Titanium, Tech & dress-up pack

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Personally I wouldn't touch keyless with a bargepole although I would have liked the power start. :rolleyes:

But you can't have one without the other so in answer to your question, for me it's a big fat NO.

Please give your reasoning, as I am in the opposite camp am interested in your opinion

#30 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

Keyless is brilliant, especially for the ladies when their key is somewhere at the bottom of a three hectare handbag.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users