Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying Guide

justgotast170

Okay, where upgrading the 2006 Focus to a newer model. We are looking at a 2010 model or later, Is there a buying guide anywhere. Can the good people on here point me out what to look for. Bad or good points.

Thanks

Daz.

As long as it isn't a diesel you should be ok,have a read on Parker's.i prefer the mk2 to the mk3

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Okay, where upgrading the 2006 Focus to a newer model. We are looking at a 2010 model or later, Is there a buying guide anywhere. Can the good people on here point me out what to look for. Bad or good points.

Thanks

Daz.

Do you mean a newer Focus model? If that is the case, then you will find the Mk2.5 model which was not built after late 2010 early 2011 is basically the same car as the Mk2 under it's skin.

If you go for the Mk3, it is claimed the driving experence is not as good as the Mk2.5. that said, buying petrol you now have the option of the newer ecoboost engines. Better fuel economay, but not what is promised in some cases so best visit http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ford Lower road tax, but a big nono for me was the smaller boot.

And Ford have obviously not been totally happy with the Mk3, because they are bringing out the Mk3.5 in July. It's been said it is a marked improvement driving experiance wise. In fact a Ford designer involved in it's developement reckoned it should actually be seen as the Mk4.

You seem to buy your motors like I do, not new but paying circa 50% less than their list price when new. Infact this week I traded in my Mk2 55 plate Zetec Climate , against a Mk2.5 11 plate Titanium. Thinking being I will skip the Mk3 offering , and possibly buy a Mk3.5 if I can then live with a smaller boot.

• Like 1

From my own experience I wouldn't recommend the Ecoboost 1L engined car, The quoted M.P.G is nowhere near the actual.

From my own experience I wouldn't recommend the Ecoboost 1L engined car, The quoted M.P.G is nowhere near the actual.

That said the ecoboost engine is great to drive and I return around 44 MPG. I would recommend it 100% I have had two now!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

My reason for non recommendation is the best M.P.G I have achieved is 34, certainly don't drive the car as I would like to for fear of consumption dropping.

My reason for non recommendation is the best M.P.G I have achieved is 34, certainly don't drive the car as I would like to for fear of consumption dropping.

Pete what sort of driving are you doing? Around town, motorway etc.

How many miles has your car done?

IMO,to avoid the dpf and other stupid eu inventions the 1.8tdci is the best choice but I think they implemented on that engine in 2007?so it's no good for you.went for a drive last weekend down the A roads and returned 71mpg without really trying.

Hi Ross, this mpg is a mixture of "A" road and motorway driving around 600 miles per month. My daily work mileage is 5 miles either way on a clear road. When I do work mileage only the mpg drops to 31. I bought the car 4 months ago and there is now 9K5 on the clock. It's the 125ps Titanium.

Thanks for the help will be looking at a 2.5, Buying from auction next week. Maybe afford a titanium this time. What usually happens the wife gets the newer car and I get her old one. Hope there is a 5 door and in panther black

daz..

• Like 1

You should find a Titanium in Panther Black, as Panther Black seems to be the most popular colour on sale on Auto Trader

Good trim choice daz, I cannot wait to be reunited with the likes of cruise, auto wipers, dimming rear view mirror, heated seats, up graded entertainment set up, and the upholstery is far superiour than what was offered on the Mk2.5 Zetec.

Good hunting

Thanks for the help will be looking at a 2.5, Buying from auction next week. Maybe afford a titanium this time. What usually happens the wife gets the newer car and I get her old one. Hope there is a 5 door and in panther black

daz..

My millage very similar, I have nothing to say on this, for your sake hopefully it improves mate!

you are aware the auctions usually sell the cars that garages consider too expensive or not profitable to fix we and other garages would estimate how much it would cost to fix how much it could be sold for and if the figures arent good it hits the auction no warranty no comeback ide hit a gargae mate

daz..

My millage very similar, I have nothing to say on this, for your sake hopefully it improves mate!

you are aware the auctions usually sell the cars that garages consider too expensive or not profitable to fix we and other garages would estimate how much it would cost to fix how much it could be sold for and if the figures arent good it hits the auction no warranty no comeback ide hit a gargae mate

Second that Arthur, I wouldn't buy from auction but I guess with everything their is probably people out their or on here with a success story!!

That's not particularly true,dad bought an 04 sprinter for 3500 at an auction in 2009.people at work bought a fleet,on the same plate engine and wheelbase,paying 10k+ and they're in no better condition.nothings even gone wrong on our sprinter since ownership.

pot luck i can assure you our cars were linked up with all the major garages and collected on a weekly basis for the auctions were talking hundreds of cars that arent worth the money however there are genuine vehicles there that are repos or simply sold via fleets as its quicker and easier it really is pot luck we sent cars and 4x4s in with cracked heads head gasket failures and cars that would cost so much to fix you could buy an almost new car