Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats different?

BenW

Just popped to my car. When i press left whilst in line in it takes me back to the main menu with CD, Phone etc. When i press down for a few secs in the phonebook, it does skip 4 contacts so i guess it has the new software but USB less Fezzas just dont have the BT Audio option :(

What did you mean by boxes around the options? Your earlier photo had boxes around the options or have i misunderstood?

if you go back to my photo and look at the options, in AUX your see a big box around all three, in the newer software the box looks more like

/__________________/ round each option, its hard to explain sorry.

if you go back to my photo and look at the options, in AUX your see a big box around all three, in the newer software the box looks more like

/__________________/ round each option, its hard to explain sorry.

Ah i see now, i definately have the newer software and confirms what i said earlier :(

The orginal radio was designed and built in essex, by Visteon, now farmed out using these designs :) as this part of Viseon has now gone due to "credit crunch" personally on MP3 at 192KBS i have had no problems. They update the software by the USB connector if you have it! takes about 2 minutes at most. :) or you can place a CD in it with the "multi.bin" file on.

I'm guessing they don't provide firmware updates via the interwebs? Would be pretty sweet if they did.

I'm guessing they don't provide firmware updates via the interwebs? Would be pretty sweet if they did.

At present no and the firmware is not even stored in the dealers service department either, u need a special code to download the firmware u want from ford technical, its not a case of being able to update it the dealers can, just ford dont want to release the firmware.

At present no and the firmware is not even stored in the dealers service department either, u need a special code to download the firmware u want from ford technical, its not a case of being able to update it the dealers can, just ford dont want to release the firmware.

Does this mean i cant just rock up at the dealer and get it done on the day?

Does this mean i cant just rock up at the dealer and get it done on the day?

OK an update,

The software is there i believe just the features are not enabled! which apparently is a case of holding down 2 buttons together to get in service mode and enable it! anyone know the keys :)

To find out if you have the software,

Press voice control, and select external device, ask for help.

It should list as follows:

USB

LINE IN

IPOD

bluetooth!

When you select bluetooth it will say NOT possible and cancel, but if yours does it! you are halfway there:)

Please get back to me...

OK an update,

The software is there i believe just the features are not enabled! which apparently is a case of holding down 2 buttons together to get in service mode and enable it! anyone know the keys :)

To find out if you have the software,

Press voice control, and select external device, ask for help.

It should list as follows:

USB

LINE IN

IPOD

BLUETOOTH!

When you select bluetooth it will say NOT possible and cancel, but if yours does it! you are halfway there:)

Please get back to me...

Maybe they're saving the feature for the iPhone 3.0 launch which has bluetooth audio streaming? :P

Maybe they're saving the feature for the iPhone 3.0 launch which has bluetooth audio streaming? :P

no its possible now :P, i have it listed in voice options but not on screen, so i think im half way between, their having mine back soon to finish it off :)

Sorry if my previous post was confusing, you need this level of software first.... so if yours does not say this your need a newer software level first.

I would KILL for a CD with the correct multi.bin on it.

Skipping MP3's and lack of good interface is really starting to annoy. The unfortunate thing is, my car is leased through a third party lease company so it's doubly hard for me to get anything done like this.

(If I'd bought this car, I'd just drop it off at the dealer and refuse to accept it back until the features worked correctly)

Chris...

heya, It was me :D

I quote from other thread

"Any car built after feburary has a totally different software in it for the radio, one main feature i want is the fact in the AUX section you can play something called "BT Audio" which is the memory card in the phone linked by bluetooth, thus playing the music/sat nav stored on your phone through the car

how cool is that? x there are other features that the menus and look and feel of the operation is different too, no more holding down the down arrow to go from A to Z, it steps in 5's. etc... nip in your ford dealer one day and have a play with the showroom models now, radio is totally diferent in software, looks the same but the operation and way its displayed is different.

At first glance it looks the same but in the menus there is alot more features esp on the titanium."

hope this clears up your question,

Ford at first told me its tough! and have closed my case,

but i have pressured the dealer into updating it, its going in wednesday so ill find out, i have been told by the dealer it is possible although ford do not think its worth doing because of the cost of the upgrade. in warrenty time etc..

So summary:

YES it is possible to update it BUT ford will not do it unless you give them some serious stick, lucky for me i know someone who works at the dealership so he is doing me a "favor". although their would be a cost i guess if i wanted it done normally.

:rolleyes: ive got a 09 plate zetec s and i have esp and bluetooth on mine,dont think its just a titanium thing

i had my car in for this thro the week there and i was told tht the software is not out yet??

i had my car in for this thro the week there and i was told tht the software is not out yet??

Hammie did they tell you when it was expected in?

Chris...

I picked my fiesta yesterday and it has this option... I can play music from SD card in my Nokia via bluetooth:) dunno if it is that upgrade that you are talking about:)

I can select this option by entering ......Menu >>> Sound >>> bluetooth >>> (My nokia)....

Hammie did they tell you when it was expected in?

Chris...

no they never said but ill put it on the computer at work since i work at a ford garage

So the new software has slanted selection boxes? I've noticed mine has a slanted box surrounding everything on some sections of the menu but doesn't have the options under AUX which is a shame as I was checking out the Ford Audio profile on my phone and it listed audio streaming under services. I practically ran to my car to check it out and was disappointed. :(

Does the new software fix the problem with the Mode button not answering calls?

On an unrelated note, what are the four slots on the edge of the glove compartment for? They look like they're for coins but that can't be the case, can it? What designer thinks "This is just what people need! Individual coin holders!"

no they never said but ill put it on the computer at work since i work at a ford garage

Yeah let us know matey... I'm wanting to bring the car in for the skipping MP3 issue, but I'd rather wait until the Ford Dealer have a CLUE as to what I'm talking about. ;)

Chris...

Yeah let us know matey... I'm wanting to bring the car in for the skipping MP3 issue, but I'd rather wait until the Ford Dealer have a CLUE as to what I'm talking about. ;)

Chris...

Mine came out the garage about the skipping with a "don't know, try asking on some forums". They also suggested burning it with a different drive, after I'd told them I'd eliminated different bitrates/CBR/VBR/different discs.

I tried asking them if the unit was upgradable and if they could fix it in software which got rather blank stares.

Mine came out the garage about the skipping with a "don't know, try asking on some forums". They also suggested burning it with a different drive, after I'd told them I'd eliminated different bitrates/CBR/VBR/different discs.

I tried asking them if the unit was upgradable and if they could fix it in software which got rather blank stares.

Why is it that some dealers are more than happy to update software without question, yet others dont seem to know that its even possible, or have the ability/willingness to do it.

Some people have problems with the radio and get a software upgrade, others (with same problem) get a brand new unit, or told that there isn't even a problem?

Some people complain about low MPG, and get a software upgrade and its problem solved, other just get told to wait a few years until there are some miles on the clock!

Surely these software upgrades cost nothing, and are probably an easy warranty claim for the dealers. There seems to be no standardisation across the dealerships. Some seem absolutely amazingly brilliant, others need a firm push to do anything, even then they dont solve the problems and dont seem to have a clue about the cars!!!

why oh why. Do Ford ever audit these dealerships?? Seems like they are left to their own devices.....

• 5 weeks later...
Any news on this? MP3 skipping is bugging me now!

heya guys,

sorry not been around for a while,

i am still wiaiting for the "new" software to be released from ford, i may try another dealer and see if they can upgrade the software on it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club