46 replies to this topic

#16 ogryn

ogryn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Ford Model: 2009 Fiesta Titanium 1.6TiVCT
Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

more to the point does it stop mp3 cds !Removed! skipping?????

I hope so too. It's really annoying. I've tried all different encodings and types. Some tracks I managed to fix, some got worse. It's not the disc jumping because it happens at the same points in the same songs. I wonder why it has trouble?

(It'd also be nice if it scrolled the track names, so it didn't just cut them off after x characters)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3Dr Hot Magenta
Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

the problem with the cds skipping is software related... most people say the firmware was made by a 6 yr old korean!! harsh but seems about right!

there was rumours they may start fitting sony units in late 2009 earliy 2010 but thats ages away still

#18 Martyn

Martyn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

the problem with the cds skipping is software related... most people say the firmware was made by a 6 yr old korean!! harsh but seems about right!

there was rumours they may start fitting sony units in late 2009 earliy 2010 but thats ages away still

The orginal radio was designed and built in essex, by Visteon, now farmed out using these designs :) as this part of Viseon has now gone due to "credit crunch" personally on MP3 at 192KBS i have had no problems. They update the software by the USB connector if you have it! takes about 2 minutes at most. :) or you can place a CD in it with the "multi.bin" file on.

#19 smudger

smudger

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Ford Model: 2009 Fiesta 1.6TDCi Titanium 5dr
Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

Ours was built mid March 09 - and does NOT have the BT Audio option!

#20 Martyn

Martyn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

Ours was built mid March 09 - and does NOT have the BT Audio option!

Yeah it really does depend on luck i think at the moment, some have it some dont, i was told post feb as a rule of thumb but it seems alot are slipping thru.

#21 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7
Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

Do you only get the BT Audio option with cars that have Bluetooth and USB? Mines USB less and doesnt have it.

#22 Martyn

Martyn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

Do you only get the BT Audio option with cars that have Bluetooth and USB? Mines USB less and doesnt have it.

I think its trim level orientated. What trim do you have? Also if you have the new software your have boxes around the options, if you've got them, you will know instantly :)

keep us updated. when was the car delivered/built?

#23 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

I think its trim level orientated. What trim do you have? Also if you have the new software your have boxes around the options, if you've got them, you will know instantly :)

keep us updated. when was the car delivered/built?

I have the Titanium model, built 9th March. When i press the AUX button i dont get no options, it goes straight to Line In Mode.

#24 Martyn

Martyn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

I have the Titanium model, built 9th March. When i press the AUX button i dont get no options, it goes straight to Line In Mode.

If you push the arrow to the left whilst in the line in, it should change to the menu like i showed, in a photo earlier, if you have it, it will be listed in that list. if not i guess ur another on the list who wants it lol, well we've paid for it.

#25 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

If you push the arrow to the left whilst in the line in, it should change to the menu like i showed, in a photo earlier, if you have it, it will be listed in that list. if not i guess ur another on the list who wants it lol, well we've paid for it.

Just popped to my car. When i press left whilst in line in it takes me back to the main menu with CD, Phone etc. When i press down for a few secs in the phonebook, it does skip 4 contacts so i guess it has the new software but USB less Fezzas just dont have the BT Audio option :(

What did you mean by boxes around the options? Your earlier photo had boxes around the options or have i misunderstood?

#26 Martyn

Martyn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

Just popped to my car. When i press left whilst in line in it takes me back to the main menu with CD, Phone etc. When i press down for a few secs in the phonebook, it does skip 4 contacts so i guess it has the new software but USB less Fezzas just dont have the BT Audio option :(

What did you mean by boxes around the options? Your earlier photo had boxes around the options or have i misunderstood?

if you go back to my photo and look at the options, in AUX your see a big box around all three, in the newer software the box looks more like

#27 fiestaguy

fiestaguy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

if you go back to my photo and look at the options, in AUX your see a big box around all three, in the newer software the box looks more like

Ah i see now, i definately have the newer software and confirms what i said earlier :(

#28 ogryn

ogryn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Ford Model: 2009 Fiesta Titanium 1.6TiVCT
Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

The orginal radio was designed and built in essex, by Visteon, now farmed out using these designs :) as this part of Viseon has now gone due to "credit crunch" personally on MP3 at 192KBS i have had no problems. They update the software by the USB connector if you have it! takes about 2 minutes at most. :) or you can place a CD in it with the "multi.bin" file on.

I'm guessing they don't provide firmware updates via the interwebs? Would be pretty sweet if they did.

#29 Martyn

Martyn

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:46 PM

I'm guessing they don't provide firmware updates via the interwebs? Would be pretty sweet if they did.

At present no and the firmware is not even stored in the dealers service department either, u need a special code to download the firmware u want from ford technical, its not a case of being able to update it the dealers can, just ford dont want to release the firmware.

#30 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

At present no and the firmware is not even stored in the dealers service department either, u need a special code to download the firmware u want from ford technical, its not a case of being able to update it the dealers can, just ford dont want to release the firmware.

Does this mean i cant just rock up at the dealer and get it done on the day?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users