Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Howdy!

RooBaby

Hey!

My name is Roo and I've just bought myself a Street Ka!

Today is gorgeous and I've experience topless driving for the first time!

I've already experienced a problem with it on my second drive so hopefully you guys can help me?

I've pulled up at my destination and the coolent tank was bubbling over and water escaping somewhere below it. Topped up the water and run the engine... Again it was heating up very quickly and bubbling away. The power steering fluid also has a lot of movement. Could it be a blockage in the cooling system or thermostat stuck? Hope someone can help a girl is distress lol!

Many thanks! xx

Welcome roo im not mech minded but it sounds like theres a blockage if the water is not going round the cooling system. If its that bad you should not drive it as you will damage the engine bigtime. Also the power steering fluid ?? Is it empty or do you mean the holder is loose ? X

Eiher way the radiater needs looking at asap

Cool! I'll get it looked at. Gutted really as I did ask the previous owner if there were any engine/running issues and he had said that it was perfect. She ran nicely on the test drive and the drive from Bristol to Reading. Grrrr if it was my classic mini it would be an easy diagnosis and fix.... It's far too modern for me >_<

Yeah power steering fluid itself is either moving with the vibration of the engine, or it's boiling too. >_<

That might have a leak aswell best to get checked out 2

Yeah will do. Thank you for your help.

I've driven it home (I was only a couple of miles away) with fresh water in the tank and I think it dumped it all on route as by the time I pulled up the temp warning light had come on and was steaming away nicely on the coolent tank side. Gonna get a mechanic to come and have a look at it.

Must say my first ford experience isn't going that great :(

Aww poor you hun 😥 it may be the head gasket gone if it went like that . You will have to get it done b4 u use it again x

Nah don't think it's head gasket. It's running to good for that.

A friend who works on fords came and had a look yesterday. The coolent tank is cracked and leaking which is the possible cause. Should be getting a new one installed soon and then I'll be up and running again.

Can't wait to be driving around again. She now has a name too which is Cosmos. :D

Thats good news then :) yay cosomos & roo baby on tour 😘 lol. I av to get ur ford m8 to fix mine then lol 😜

This is a whats up i posted the topic a bit back but every 1 says its not the dmf.

Im as confused as them all lol

Hi i have recently had a fuel pump fuel rail fuel pressure switch new glow plugs injectors and the fuel system cleaned out as i had starting problems since they was fitted the car runs a lot better when i can start it !!

The problem i have now is i have to put the clutch in to start it and sometimes it takes ages to start if i can get it to start it turns over but wont fire up then sometimes it will start first time. I had the mechanic to check it with his diagnostic m/c everything electrical is working there are no faults showing. He says that its the dmf and i need to replace it and i may aswell get a clutch kit aswell. Does any1 know if that is the problem as its another huge exspense.

Oh dear.... I don't know much about cars but have you checked and cleaned the earths? With the mini, if all the ignition system is working, it's normally the earth strap to the engine or the battery earth causing the problems. A quick clean and hey presto.

Nah don't think it's head gasket. It's running to good for that.

A friend who works on fords came and had a look yesterday. The coolent tank is cracked and leaking which is the possible cause. Should be getting a new one installed soon and then I'll be up and running again.

Can't wait to be driving around again. She now has a name too which is Cosmos. :D

Quite a common problem. Had to change the expansion tank on a Sport KA we had some years ago. Its boiling over because of the loss of pressure which allows the coolant to boil at a lower temperature. It will also restrict the flow, so its not getting around the engine. At least its a cheap and easy fix.

Thats good then :) so cosmos up n tunning now then x

She is indeed :D so happy!

Need some nice weather and car shows now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club