Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Head Units????

andystarks

hey there folks

I am about to collect a 55 plate (post revision) Fiesta Style TDCi.

Now, I know on the Zetec Blue you get bluetooth compatibility....can you retro fit this to the same shape Fiesta?

If so, is it the Sony head unit that does the magic or is there some other gizmo built in to the car itself?????

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

hey there folks

I am about to collect a 55 plate (post revision) Fiesta Style TDCi.

Now, I know on the Zetec Blue you get Bluetooth compatibility....can you retro fit this to the same shape Fiesta?

If so, is it the Sony head unit that does the magic or is there some other gizmo built in to the car itself?????

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Andy

I assume it could be done, the BT stack is in the head unit itself, and there is a microphone placed in the car....i guess you would need a new head unit then also. Might be worth considering 3rd party head units as their bluetooth capabilities are generally better (can read text messages, better GUI etc)

I assume it could be done, the BT stack is in the head unit itself, and there is a microphone placed in the car....i guess you would need a new head unit then also. Might be worth considering 3rd party head units as their bluetooth capabilities are generally better (can read text messages, better GUI etc)

Hey there rafster

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the 6000CD that is installed and it has a BT on/off option in the menu but I dont think it is actually installed so I assume its a plug in unit at the back.

I reckon you are probably right about an after market unit, that way I can fit BT and a sat nav with one head unit.

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I had a Ministry Of Sound headunit a couple of years ago that had the bluetooth for hands free compatibility, and the actual bluetooth receptor was a block attached by wire to the back of the headunit. Not sure if its the same on the more modern headunits. Hope this helps.

Vinnyvangough

• 2 months later...
Hi there,

I had a Ministry Of Sound headunit a couple of years ago that had the bluetooth for hands free compatibility, and the actual bluetooth receptor was a block attached by wire to the back of the headunit. Not sure if its the same on the more modern headunits. Hope this helps.

Vinnyvangough

I was led to beleive the Sony radios are the same BT or Not BT they do have an accessory socket

I was almost sure Fords BT was made by Nokia and is behind the glove box above the fuse box On the Fiesta

there are about 4 phillips screws in the glove box and the inside slides out Behind it is the BT unit which I think plugs into Aux socket back of Sony

I can not promise because it about 2 years since I had the dash out on a Fiesta ST and we dont have the car any more

IT may be possible with a torch to see up behind the Glove box right hand side to see if the Nokia BT box is there

If some one could do that for you it then would be only a simple matter of aquiring the Box and mic and plugging in

The sound quality of the BT Sonys for phone is really good as it comes out from front radio Speakers much better than the after market Nokia CK7w or the like on a tiny speaker