• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Linda

Linda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hi all, My first posting on this forum. My hubby has just looked at the rear brake shoes on my lkle green Fiesta 51 reg, since I complained about a squeeking nose - they are ok luckily.
He now needs to put the central hub nut back on and the Haynes manual says it needs 199 lbft (270 NM) of torque. He says this is a lot? :o is this right? He also says he is gona have to buy a new torque wrench since his only goes up to 150 NM
I searched the web and have seen a quoted figure of 235nm in a couple of places. He says the nut consists of a washer and 4 thin nuts all caged together (30mm socket fits it)
Can any one confirm the value?
Cheers Linda

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,269 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hi all, My first posting on this forum. My hubby has just looked at the rear brake shoes on my lkle green Fiesta 51 reg, since I complained about a squeeking nose - they are ok luckily.
He now needs to put the central hub nut back on and the Haynes manual says it needs 199 lbft (270 NM) of torque. He says this is a lot? :o is this right? He also says he is gona have to buy a new torque wrench since his only goes up to 150 NM
I searched the web and have seen a quoted figure of 235nm in a couple of places. He says the nut consists of a washer and 4 thin nuts all caged together (30mm socket fits it)
Can any one confirm the value?
Cheers Linda

the nut is made up of layers, and should only be used a maximum of 2 or 3 times. 270Nm sounds like far too much, 235 sounds about right, thats also the torque setting for the rear drums on my focus if i remember correctly.

#3 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

235Nm is bang on

#4 Linda

Linda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

235Nm is bang on

:P Thanks Gaz, Much appreciate your confirmation - I'll tell him indoors to set it to 235NM
Regards, and have a fine day

#5 Linda

Linda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

the nut is made up of layers, and should only be used a maximum of 2 or 3 times. 270Nm sounds like far too much, 235 sounds about right, thats also the torque setting for the rear drums on my focus if i remember correctly.

Thanks Stef :P Much appreciate your response and confirmation - you know what its like when you give a man a big tool, he just wants to use it to its full extent :o

#6 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,269 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

Thanks Stef :P Much appreciate your response and confirmation - you know what its like when you give a man a big tool, he just wants to use it to its full extent :o

steady on there linda :P :lol: :lol:

glad we were able to help you out, or more your husband? :lol:

#7 fiestaowner2009

fiestaowner2009

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:51 AM

235Nm is bang on indeed

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users