Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member, New Ford And A Quick Question If I May :)

lockett85

Hi all I am new to the forum, but not a stranger to Fords. I recently purchased a new car and I am just jumping on here to say hi and really for some info regarding a slight annoyance I have with the phone book naming scheme my ford decides to display in.

So I picked up a 2012 Focus Titanium X on Friday with most of the bells and whistles (Sat Nav, Rear Camera, Drivers Assistance Pack, Appearance Pack, 18" alloys and in Frozen White) I took me 5 weeks to find this motor and I am glad I waited until I found one with all the spec I wanted, it was not an easy task!

My first Ford was also a Focus, MK1 Zetec back in the day, it was a fantastic car, I've had a fair few cars since and my last was a BMW 530d. Due to work etc I needed something a bit more economical, getting 25mpg from the BM was not making my wallet happy so I sold that off and when it come to choosing a new car I knew exactly what I wanted.

The car is outstanding and I love every minute I have driven in it so far, albeit not much, I am off work this week so I won't be using her much, I've mainly been sitting inside and fiddling with all the buttons and working out how to use certain parts, which leads me nicely into my little question.

Using my phone in the car is pretty important, but for the life of me I'm not sure what is going on with the phone book. All my contacts are listed in Last Name, First Name order and it is a little annoying. I'm not sure if this is the way it is or if there is something I am just missing to change the format..

I am using an iPhone 5s. I've searched the internet high and low the past few days to little avail, mainly because 99% of the results that Google show are all related to Sync or the American version of Sync which are no help seeing as my car does not have Sync.

Can anyone help, or perhaps confirm that the way the names are listed is just the way it is and I will just have to deal with it :rolleyes:

Anyways thanks all for any info and I look forward to looking though this forum.

Darren.

P.S. Sneaky Pic Below:

1920013_10153930992270154_1260024236_n.j

Welcome to the family Darren, looks a nice toy!

Thanks all. Just wondering if anyone does know anything about the contact sorting issue. Looking on the Ford Mobile Compatibility section of their website it does not show any issues with iPhones, but looking at random phones I found that some Samsung Galaxy devices show contacts in reverse order. I guess the same can be said about the iPhone. I can learn to deal with it I'm sure :)

Cant say I have any experience of it sadly, but I think its been mentioned once before on the forum, take a quick search using the search bar at the top right?

Thanks for the tip. I did try a search and there are a few topics but nothing ever seems to be answered fully. I guess its just the way it is so I shall learn to live with it :) Thanks again.

You might be able to get an update from the dealer to the stereo. This might at least allow you to get your contacts organised as wish!

Hi and welcome , looks like a twin of my car :) , great choice.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 , mine displays Full name with first name a-z order.

I have ot checked for a while if there is an Audio update out there , but if there is you can update this youself via the USB and a USB stick.

Have you tried altering the order in your phone and seeing if that changes it ?

Hi @xdazx for the tip. Yeah my phone is set to sort and display in first name order but it does not effect the display on the car even if I play with the settings.

@Preee thanks mate. The car is stunning and never owning a white car before when I first see it I was stunned by how nice it looked. I have looked at the update site (http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.co.uk/) and have also downloaded the files but looking at the readme inside it states it's not for any car built after Jan 2012. Mine is May 2012 so I didn't want to try it just in case. Also read somewhere some had issue with the reversing camera after the update. So I'm not sure. It might just be an iPhone thing the way it displays. Can you or anyone else comment on whether the update from that site will work on my focus?

Thanks Jeebowhite. I wonder if this is something I can request free of charge. Assuming also I should be able to take this to any ford dealer as the one I purchased the car from wasn't exactly a short trip.

Am appricating the help guys. Thanks a lot :)

Yeah any dealer can help you, as for the update, they may charge you a diagnostic fee... This might be reimbursed if it's a warranty fix

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

I don't suppose something like that would be classed as warranty fix. Nothing's wrong as it works fine. Just not how I would of expected it

Probably not, but if its against how its advertised, then yes it is a warranty fix. If it part works, then it needs to be repaired to fully work!

I see what your saying. But I can not find any information regarding now the phone should work with my system. That's why I reached out on here to see if anyone else had the same experience or if theirs worked fine. Without that information I can't go to Ford and explain. Searching for anything relating to iPhone and the way contacts are sorted on a pre sync system is like a needle in a haystack unfortunately. I was hoping, seeing as the iPhone is a fairly popular phone that someone or something might crop up. But alas, nothing :(

How have you saved the names? Chevk your contacts each how names are saved for example you may have surnames as first names or both on one line etc

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

Hi thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately this is not the issue as all my contacts are saved in their correct fields. First names under First and Last names under Last. Thanks again