Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Focus Zetec S

SMF1

Hey All

Due to take delivery of my new Zetec S later in May and will be wanting to change the number plate lights, side, dipped beam and bull beam if possible to white bulbs. Also do these Focus' have DRLs? Would be looking to change them as well if so.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of where to get error free bulbs please?

Thanks

It's my understanding that all new cars made in the last few years must have DRLs fitted as standard.

It's my understanding that all new cars made in the last few years must have DRLs fitted as standard.

I thought so too, after Jan 2011 I believe but have seen a lot that don't seem to have any lights on.

That's odd... Have Ford managed to circumvent the regulations on DRLs?

That is for cars made after 2012. The mk 2 and mk3 were designed by ford well before this date therefore they aren't required to have drl

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

But drls are optional

That is for cars made after 2012. The mk 2 and mk3 were designed by ford well before this date therefore they aren't required to have drl

So the regulation isn't "cars made" but "cars engineered/designed" after 2012? Because I'm pretty sure that a car made in 2014 would be required to have DRLs if it was the former.

Anyway, you can just drive with your dipped headlights on. It has the same effect (reducing chances of having a road accident by making you more visible).

That's correct bud, keep in mind the mk3 was already made, going through test etc but not in production, ford could have added drl and made it standard, like many other manufacturers. Nissan did with the gtr. Smart did. Toyota... and many more

You and me both SMF1 getting new Zetec S `s ,,looking forward to the arrival,,been promised around 23rd april for mine.The drl`s are not standard on the zetec s nor are they an option as far as im aware.

Shame but leaves scope for a nice upgrade in the future

Rgds

:D Is this the first safety feature ever to be considered a cool upgrade?

That's correct bud, keep in mind the mk3 was already made, going through test etc but not in production, ford could have added drl and made it standard, like many other manufacturers. Nissan did with the gtr. Smart did. Toyota... and many more

So you're saying they could have added DRLs, but decided not to? (presumably to save money).

Save and make money. Its an option only with xenon headlights so lots of money for Ford vto make

So could someone link me to some bulbs please that are more aesthetically pleasing than the yellowish ones? :)

So could someone link me to some bulbs please that are more aesthetically pleasing than the yellowish ones? :)

I use these in my Mk2.5. Not sure if the bulbs are the same in the new models, but these give off a nice White/Blue light. Not much brighter than a standard bulb, but look miles better.

They do main beam ones and sidelights too. Not sure about fogs as I have left mine standard for now, you may have to plump for a different make for those ones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Intense-64210CBI-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B005Q0F9PA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395304826&sr=8-1&keywords=osram+blue+intense