Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec Manual To Electric Windows

SkinnyB

Alright folks, been away for a while but im back now.

Right so like the topic suggests i have manual rear windows and i have always loved the fact off have control of all four windows from the drivers seat :D

So i have always wanted to do this retro-fit but lack of info and a few people saying its a pain in the... to do have put me off :wacko: but today i decided to bite the bullet and go for it.

Found a nice doner car. a 55plate Ghia :) took all the door cards off to access the metal things holding the electric winders etc took all of them off including the wiring but upon taking the wiring out for the rear doors i realized that the connector coming from the car had 9wires compared to 7 on my car :o :angry::oops:

i had not taken all my tools with me so i could not rip the carpets out to trace the wiring so i told them to keep the stuff for me and i will be going back there tomorrow to see if i can rip the carpets out and yank the wiring out :)

has anyone done this before? and any info that might help me would be greatly appreciated :afro: and if i manage to yank wiring out will that be all i need to do the retro-fit?

i will be taking pics all the way and if all goes well i will be doing a guide :)

its been tried before and failed even with wiring and motors etc it still doesnt work a fellow forum memeber spent weeks on it and in the end ripped it all out and sold the stuff

Got mine all working I needed the following,

all 4 electric cards as the two fronts have door modules, all 4 door wiring looms, and sometime you may need a new interior loom.

I bought a full leather recaro interior and the rear door cards where for electric windows so I already had the door cards.

Replaced all 4 electric cards (the metal part with the motors regulators ect on) fitted the 4 new door looms, fitted new door cards, activated via elm config and bobs your uncle.

been working fine for a while now. got one touch up and down on all 4 windows which is a bonus.

Mine is a 55 plate Ford Focus Sport.

I did buy the full interior loom aswell and the gem just in case but luckily I diddn't need them and was able to use what was fitted, total cost was £100 delivered.

I did start taking pics of the stuff I had bought for a guide but i never finished it as weather was crap and I just got on with it.

Will see if I can fish the pics out as I will be taking my door cards off soonish to fit powerfold mirrors and some lighting as weather is getting better so may be able to complete a guide but unsure when that will be as got 2 cars to work on before my focus.

Just noticed your car is a MK 2.5 and your taking parts from a MK2 when I was looking at both the wiring is different and so are the modules on the front door (the two I was looking at in a scrap yard) so I suspect the parts you have wouldn't be of any use, but dont quote me as it may still work but I do know the interior looms are different.

Got mine all working I needed the following,

all 4 electric cards as the two fronts have door modules, all 4 door wiring looms, and sometime you may need a new interior loom.

I bought a full leather recaro interior and the rear door cards where for electric windows so I already had the door cards.

Replaced all 4 electric cards (the metal part with the motors regulators ect on) fitted the 4 new door looms, fitted new door cards, activated via elm config and bobs your uncle.

been working fine for a while now. got one touch up and down on all 4 windows which is a bonus.

Mine is a 55 plate Ford Focus Sport.

I did buy the full interior loom aswell and the gem just in case but luckily I diddn't need them and was able to use what was fitted, total cost was £100 delivered.

I did start taking pics of the stuff I had bought for a guide but i never finished it as weather was crap and I just got on with it.

Will see if I can fish the pics out as I will be taking my door cards off soonish to fit powerfold mirrors and some lighting as weather is getting better so may be able to complete a guide but unsure when that will be as got 2 cars to work on before my focus.

cheers for the info mate, a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for me. seems one person was able to do it hopefully i can as well ;) i am not going to hold my breath but i want to give it a good old go, hopefully if i cant get it to work the scappies will take the parts back and refund me if not then its probably going to be an expensive gamble. i will obviously make my mind up when i go there tomorrow but will definately look more into the wiring when i get there hopefully there is a work around the whole MK2 and MK2.5 thing :cry:

Will keep you folks updated

cheers

I hope you sort it what I will do if I can fish the pictures out with the part numbers on I will start making a mini guide and when I take my door cards off I will take some more pictures and annotate them, won't be the best guide but should help the people who do it.

If you need any help you can ask and I will try and help to the best of my knowledge. Good luck but to be honest it wasn't that hard it seems the key pieces are the two from doors as they have modules mounted where as the others don't. Don't forget to activate with elm config.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Shall be watching this with great interest, would love to do this mod.

Right so went back to scrap yard today to pick up some bits and the wiring today, instead of rippin the whole loom out, too lazy for that :lol: i realized that the wires i was missing where a blue and grey one :) so i decide to follow the wires from the connector in the back to the one on drivers door to the one on other back door to the passengers front then to the fuse box.

this is what the car looked like when i was done with it

post-37256-0-60448200-1395166413_thumb.j

these are the bits i have

the metal insert things with modules on all 4 doors

post-37256-0-15141600-1395167140_thumb.j

drivers door card

post-37256-0-82321900-1395167160_thumb.j

Cant seem to upload one for the wiring :unsure:

Work is going to start tomorrow weather permitting ^_^, gonna have to start with the wiring tho and hopefully i can run it along with the existing loom incase it all goes pants up i can jus revert back to what it is now.

One thing i have realized is because i have to change wiring im going to have to remove either my wing or door to remove front doors :o not looking forward to that bit.

Will also have to play a bit of spot the difference with my wiring but im fairly confident that i should be able to get it to work one way or the other.

good luck, looks like you have everything, just hope it all works with your wiring and running the two cables along side your loom.

good luck, looks like you have everything, just hope it all works with your wiring and running the two cables along side your loom.

Cheers mate, I don't just have the two wires (the blue and grey that I suspect are for the windows) I removed all 4 door connector I suppose you can say I removed the loom responsible for the electric windows and locking system the door loom if it makes sense. I'll try and upload the picture again.

them where the looms I was on about the 4 door looms and then the interior loom but I diddnt need the interior I did find some more wiring in the door looms for powerfolding mirrors so may be a future mod if yours has the extra.

them where the looms I was on about the 4 door looms and then the interior loom but I diddnt need the interior I did find some more wiring in the door looms for powerfolding mirrors so may be a future mod if yours has the extra.

I've just read your post again now I get it, so I'm pretty much going about it the same way you did?

When you say you activated them on elm config, what options did u tick?

Folding mirrors might be a future mod for me when I finally get the funds to get the !Removed! things!

Yea you have practically the same parts as me can't remember the exact options so will have to plug car into elm to see but you activate the door modules and the global open/close and a couple of others, think one was comfort windows or something will have to double check for you.

I only needed the door looms in the end and not the interior loom as mine already had the wires in. Hopefully you will be the second person to get it working just wish I had taken step by step photos :(

Let us know if you need any help will try my best as responding ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

how have you got on? curious if the mk2.5 loom is the same as the mk2.