Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 cabin noise

bryfly

Just wondered if anybody else thinks the cabin noise in the new fiesta is abnormally high, have gone from Fiesta Mk 6 1.6 tdci to the mk 7 1.6 tdci and the mk 7 is really noisy in the cabin by comparison. Not sure if it is tyre noise/rumble or gearbox/drive rumble, it is barely noticeable at around 20/30 mph but gets nosier as you increase speed and becomes intrusive at about 70 mph.Is there away of ruling out either tyres or gearbox/drive as being the culprit? cheers

Just wondered if anybody else thinks the cabin noise in the new fiesta is abnormally high, have gone from Fiesta Mk 6 1.6 tdci to the mk 7 1.6 tdci and the mk 7 is really noisy in the cabin by comparison. Not sure if it is tyre noise/rumble or gearbox/drive rumble, it is barely noticeable at around 20/30 mph but gets nosier as you increase speed and becomes intrusive at about 70 mph.Is there away of ruling out either tyres or gearbox/drive as being the culprit? cheers

My ZetecS is noisy but to be fair I have seen this warned about on some reviews ( top gear I think 1.6l specifically mentioned)

Paul

Mine's quite noisy too but in my case I reckon it's not helped by the 17" wheels.

Instant cure--just turn the radio up! :lol:

i havent really noticed much noise in mine, i do have the radio on fairly loud though.

when you change your tyres get some low noise ones mite help a tiny bit.

shouldnt matter on the size of wheels though as my 206 had 17's on and it was super quite (until it started to fall apart cus its french :lol:)

i havent really noticed much noise in mine, i do have the radio on fairly loud though.

when you change your tyres get some low noise ones mite help a tiny bit.

shouldnt matter on the size of wheels though as my 206 had 17's on and it was super quite (until it started to fall apart cus its french :lol:)

Poor Pug.......I had a 306 1.4 LX and it was a good car to be fair. :rolleyes:

I was only basing my comments on past experience with 17" wheels on my Cooper S.

It's a very subjective matter though and I don't find the noise intrusive anyway. :)

What tyres do you have. My 1.4 petrol has Continentals and I don't have a problem at motorway speed.

What tyres do you have. My 1.4 petrol has Continentals and I don't have a problem at motorway speed.

Hi. I have "conti premium contact 2" 195 45 r16's, also wondering if it is because im not used to low profile tyres as research on the web seems to indicate these are generally noiser..............Thanks for the replies guys

When I was at Mountune last week we discussed noise as obviously my exhaust is much louder now and the software engineer I spoke with told me that our cars have no sound proofing in them at all, hence the reason why our cars are much lighter and faster than ever before, so that would explain the extra road noise we hear in the cars now.

No sound proof? So people can now hear me singing at the top of my voice to Whitney?

Oh dear! :lol: :lol: