Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mapping

biggy119

Hello guys i'm looking for a mapping place around Nottingham . Does anyone now of any ?? ..

Also I'm being told of like people that come to you and maps your car what's your views ??

Have you thought about bluefin, or are you wanting it done in person?

I have but i'm not 100% with bluefin . .

I have but i'm not 100% with bluefin . .

Any particular reason?

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

maybe the cost of 350 quid lol.....

you could have a intercooler fitted (pipework etc) and mapped on the rollers for a price of the bluefin....

• Like 1

maybe the cost of 350 quid lol.....

you could have a intercooler fitted (pipework etc) and mapped on the rollers for a price of the bluefin....

I've always found the bluefin reasonably priced.... A good dyno tuner will cost £300 minimum. And you might have to drive hundreds of miles to the place.

Plus, Superchips do their research, there's a reason they are one of the most respected out there.

Sorry, what do you drive?

focus 1.8 tdci titanium 2008

Lol OK so guys I will tell you what iv been quoted .

185 guy can come to my house and do it .

250 with rolling road .

O and one at 199 I got to him but I'm not sure about rolling road .

So what do you think

there is nothing wrong with at home obd transfer, just make sure they have the correct file for your model, as tbh i really struggled to find a mapper to come to me to do a file transfer for my model and engine size.... they were all 1.6tdci and 2.0tdci not the 1.8tdci....

id deffo go for the rolling road one, there is 1 in bradford i was going go to, but i went one in west mids instead, where i had my intercooler fitted at the same time...

Lol OK so guys I will tell you what iv been quoted .

185 guy can come to my house and do it .

250 with rolling road .

O and one at 199 I got to him but I'm not sure about rolling road .

So what do you think

Who are they? Are they reputable?

tuned style dont do your focus....

elite remaps dont do your focus either

Really he said he could :$

look on the website, they only state for the mk1 1.8tdci not the mk2. the majority state they are the same, but tbh each car runs totally different to another of the sme spec....

your 1.8tdci will be completly different to my 1.8tdci, except there is a 1 year difference, bith cars will act and drive totally different.... best thing do is get a map that is for your car, the yonly way do this is either on the rollers, or live mapping on the road

Yea I understand you ill book the 250 one that way i now it be a proper one .

Depends what you count as properly I suppose...

My local "good" one charges £90 per hour, and it takes as long as it takes to make it perfect. 6-7 hours is common.

iv booked in at a place 250 4 hours work i dont think is bad they going to put it on a rolling road as well so should be alright

Maybe your right. To be fair, the only experience I have had on my own cars is a bluefin on the car when it was standard, and an expensive rolling road on it after I'd fitted lots of aftermarket parts. Both were excellent.

I have heard way to many horror stories of cheaper remapping to chance it. Imo, there are WAY to many random dudes (that don't know what they are doing!) Running around offering remaps.

Let me know how you get on?

• 2 weeks later...

It's swings and roundabouts with mapping. There are so many bad ones, and some very good ones.

Generic obd map should be fine if your after some more poke, if it's a decent map, but it's generic and will not take into account any mods you already have as it's an upgrade map from standard. Bluefin/home and drive in/out jobs.

Custom map and dyno is obviously the way to go, especially with mods, as the map is tailored to the car.

I've had both in the past and custom is head and shoulder above. But at a price.

• Like 1