Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Through Car Stereo.

Zoe Maree

Wanting to play music from ipods or phones etc through the car how do i go about doing that? I have a 54 plate streetka is it easy to install if its possible?

aux imput... what unit do you have?

often an aux cable can be hidden behind the glovebox, but it depends on the unit you have in the car.

Dont believe that it has the capability to have the aux in, your best bet is to sell this stereo, and get a combination of hardware, I read somewhere that you can get the 6006 and buy a "Connects2" device that allows you to connect Aux, USB etc onto it without issue.

You can buy a fascia adaptor off eBay to allow fitting of an aftermarket single or double din radio.

Not sure if your car has a steering column remote or not but if it does then an interface adaptor to match whichever radio you go for would also be needed.

On looking myself, the Ka will only take single din radios but loads of fascia adaptors are available.

Not sure what a single din radio is, so il need to search this if all fails il just need to use a cd, sounds alot of work for just a cable this is all if i can get the stereo working!!

A single din radio is a standard sized one that used to be seen in most cars.

Basically, you have two styles of Radio:

Single DIN is about the width / depth of the average TV remote control, whereas a double DIN unit is about the width / depth of two remotes side by side.

• 2 months later...

I have a 6 cd changer just noticed does that have an aux bit for the cable in the back of the unit its tricky to get out so could someone tell me before i break it :( x

I dont believe so?

If you have an AUX button ob the radio you will be able to connect a cable.

No button = no port.

Keep us updated on how you get on.

TBH there is only so much you can do with an original stereo :)