Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blaupunkt Ls Rns Stopped Working Today?

Silverbackmatt

Can anyone shed some light on this????

My stereo just stopped working today?? All the fuses are ok and I have unplugged the unit and plugged it back in again but still it's dead. Even If I turn my lights on the unit doesn't light up. I also checked that its getting power via a test light...all ok?? I guess it's the head unit but has anyone had one of these repaired because they are not cheap :(

post-46381-0-03903000-1395243032_thumb.p

Have you checked both live inputs?

If you have power to both , then its worth taking it apart to see if one of the power connections has failed , you may be able to just re-solder them .

A electronics shop will be cheaper than replacing.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have been thinking about taking it apart and seeing if I can fix it myself or getting a shop to do it for me. I've managed to buy one from eBay today for £200 so about £350 cheaper than any others I've seen. I will get mine fixed and see what I can get for it. I have a feeling someone would probably buy it in its faulty state because of how much these things cost from new.....I guess everything can be fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Fitted my new stereo / sat nav and it works great other than the voice control. If I press the button on the top of the stalk next to the steering wheel the screen changes but I don't hear the ladies voice asking me for options and basically it doesn't do anything. Does this sound like I need to reset the system by disconnecting the battery? Hope I've explained the problem properly.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

I have a similar problem but ive not found the problem so far. My unit eventually drained the battery, a new 71 AH battery, after about three days of the car not being used. As far as i understand the problem could be in the head unit itself ot the GPS receiver or the radio antenna or even the ECU. If you learn anything please let me know.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

I've never solved the problem with the voice control but my head unit works perfect, I do miss the voice control.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem earlier in the year. I'm considering my options to put things right. At the moment I'm thinking I''ll send it to the Blaupunkt agent in Bradford, £65 to look at it and then between £300 and £500 to repair it. The strange thing about mine is that the fault caused the battery to go flat. No fuses blew but there was a drain of about 1A.

Neil

• 10 months later...

Hi guys I have had the same thing as you all described I found out that it's a commen problem with this divice it's a software problem it has and it needs rebooting. like when reinstalling Windows on a PC. Then it sould come back to life. Dunno if that's any good to anybody 

also I relise that the post is a year old but just I case anybody does a search like me they will find it 🙂

• 1 year later...

Hi Neil, Andy and others.

Quite late to the party, but am having the exact same problem with my Blaupunkt LS RNS on my Ford Focus. Auto electrician identified high drain from the head unit, but doesn't work on them himself - advised to try and get replacement or repair elsewhere.

Have been quoted 1600 for replacement head unit and 150 for fitting from the local Ford garage. Car isn't worth very much more than that.

Was wondering if you'd had any joy in getting the problem resolved?

Cheers

Dave

• 6 months later...
Update!!!
This is my old post...... I've finally figured out the problem!

Just use a hairdryer on the unit and it will start up on its own!!!! 

Basically remove the 4 screws holding the unit in place and then slide the unit out as far as possible. Aim heat into the air vents on the side or back of the unit until it comes back to life!!! You could also use the cars air vents in the centre of the dash to aim hot air into the vents while you hold the unit (can become very hot to hold but it does work!!!) ..You may also need to remove the aerial cable if you go the air vent route due to the length restriction getting the unit close enough to the vents......but obviously don't remove the main harness.

I find I need to do this when my unit goes to sleep....usually after 3 or 4 days of not using the car, but if you use the car daily you will probably be fine.

The unit should switch on after a few minutes....but be patient!!

I really hope this works for anyone with this annoying problem.

• 1 year later...

I’m having the same problem . Any one has a drawing of the unit or the back connection? So I can try to isolate the problem? 

• 2 months later...

I had a similar problem with this type of unit,  it wouldn't turn on following a battery discharge. 

I managed to fix it by driving around for about 20 minutes with the heating on full, set to the dashboard vents with the vents closed to try and capture as much heat as possible.

Afterwards I pulled and replaced the fuse and heard the CD make a sound.  Shortly afterwards the unit screen came on asking for the user code.

I saw this technique on another thread somewhere and thought I'd give it a go so can't take credit for the idea.  Hopefully it is a long lasting fix, or at least something I can repeat if necessary.  Seems like a variation of Silverbackmatt's method.

I've had similar no-power issues in the past where fiddling with the fuse has solved the problem but on those occasions the battery had never died.

With regards the battery, I often get a Battery Low warning but this this is the first time in 18 months it actually drained.  Just after the above drive, the diagnostics showed it at 12.2V with the warning displayed.  My main concern is that the stereo is causing the battery issue, although I've no idea howl old the battery is, so a replacement may be the way forward.

Quite chuffed it actually worked so thought it worth posting.  Hopefully it will be of help to someone.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Silverblackmatt. Mine goes to sleep every time I go on holiday and you solution works every time, although I find (and I do the air vent method) it takes about 1/2 hr to 40 mins the unit gets very very hot. 

• 8 months later...

Thanks folks, glad I found this thread. Same/similar problem as this. My radio would radomly turn off and after a couple of days the battery would be flat. Previously i've fiddled with the fuse in the main fuse box and eventually it would fire up even though the fuses were fine. This time fiddling with the fuses didn't work and not wanting the low voltage/amp alarm to go off at 2am again I've tried the above. I removed the LS-RNS radio gave it 2 minutes of hair drier into the side vents and it worked. Thanks. I'm definately not an electrician but is the unit vulnerable to damp conditions? 

• 2 years later...

Thanks alot!You saved me €500.I had same issue with my ford focus 2010 radio.It stopped work after some weeks in the cold when I was on holidays abroad.I tried heating it up with a hair dryer and it started working after about 10 mins.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club