Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Questions About Fiesta Parts

Tomm Smith

Hi, i have a fiesta zetec s1600 and im thinking about buying a few things for my car.

Ive been looking at a K&N Cone filter, i would like someone who has had it before to tell me if it has any real noticeable difference on the car and if the "Roar" noise it claims to make is very noticeable. A link to the air filter im talking about is below:

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-KN-57I-Cone-Filter-Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-Ti-Vct_820.jsp

Also has anyone tried the ProSport coilovers before and do they do the job? My last question is are the Milltek exhaust systems really worth getting.

a link to the prosport coilovers: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prosport-Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-Zetec-S-2008-on-Coilover-Lowering-Suspension-Kit-/161153840672?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFiesta&hash=item2585847620

Air filter / induction kit won't really give you any noticeable performance increases, some may gain a couple of bhp, but quite as easy to LOSE a few bhp due to heat soak from the engine bay. With a normally aspirated enging (non turbo) decent exhaust and filter is a good starting point. From my experience, coilovers are only ok if you don't mind losing a few fillings out ya teeth, altogether to harsh for my liking, but if your new to driving and young, they you'll prob love them lol. Oh and you should get a decent 'roar' from an induction kit, more noticeable on planting your right foot and holding it through the revs.

Air filter / induction kit won't really give you any noticeable performance increases, some may gain a couple of bhp, but quite as easy to LOSE a few bhp due to heat soak from the engine bay. With a normally aspirated enging (non turbo) decent exhaust and filter is a good starting point. From my experience, coilovers are only ok if you don't mind losing a few fillings out ya teeth, altogether to harsh for my liking, but if your new to driving and young, they you'll prob love them lol. Oh and you should get a decent 'roar' from an induction kit, more noticeable on planting your right foot and holding it through the revs.

I am pretty new to driving only being 18, and so an induction kit and new exhaust would be the way to go to make it sound better?

Any induction kits or exhausts you would recommend?

All will do pretty much the same job really, and yes, to improve the sound you've got the right idea. Though if fitting an induction kit, a good cold air feed is ESSENTIAL, as if it sucks warm air from the engine, it will worsten the standard performance.

All will do pretty much the same job really, and yes, to improve the sound you've got the right idea. Though if fitting an induction kit, a good cold air feed is ESSENTIAL, as if it sucks warm air from the engine, it will worsten the standard performance.

Okay so what the best way to give it a cold air feed? I was just looking at this other air filter by K&N which claims to be a cold filter kit with really good air flow, would this be ok? link is below.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-SPECIAL-OFFER-J1-Automotive-Cold-Air-Filter-Kit-Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-16Ti-Vct_913.jsp&pic=2

Yeah something like that would do fine, it's basically just to stop the filter sucking in all the HOT HOT HOT air from under the bonnet, notice the rubber strip around the top on the photo, this is to block warm air entering the cold air feed,,,, if your adventurous you could always try to make one yourself, possibly from the airbox your about to remove, and save yourself a few quid ?

Yeah something like that would do fine, it's basically just to stop the filter sucking in all the HOT HOT HOT air from under the bonnet, notice the rubber strip around the top on the photo, this is to block warm air entering the cold air feed,,,, if your adventurous you could always try to make one yourself, possibly from the airbox your about to remove, and save yourself a few quid ?

Well not feeling adventurous yet aha as ill probably mess it up, im looking at the pipercross one now aswell, it doesnt seem to sound as good though. But with the J1 i definitely wouldn't need any extra hose or anything to suck cold air in?

It will more than likely be using your original air intake, but just protecting your air filter from the intake of warm air. I'd be very dubious about the 'claimed' power increases, as these are often proved inaccurate. But by protecting from warm air, your doing basically all you can to aid a healthier induction system.

Just Decat the car, resonated centre and job done, in tests on NA cars such as fords and clio sports the best filters were the K&N panel filters, even the ITG maxogens proved pointless power wise just paying 400 for a look, won't hear the "roar" over the zorst anyway. Decatting also gets a few more horses cheaply.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club