Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Footwell Lights On Mk7.5

JackSimpson

I know this has been on here before but I can't find it again, can someone send me a link for there opinion on the best Red led lights which will fill the footwell the best please?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mac9577

• JSMarsden

• bwoody

• CW1907

I had some 6's like those Mick, ended up putting them in the roof lights, not wide enough for the bottom spread, especially the passenger side fitting as its not central. Hope yours will satisfy the look your after.

I had some 6's like those Mick, ended up putting them in the roof lights, not wide enough for the bottom spread, especially near side as its not central. Hope yours will satisfy the look your after.

Hmm.. okay, bought 4 of them, meaning 2 would be for the roof lights.

I will check the results and get back, might just end up buying the 12-LED wide bulbs :)

Maybe you could assist me, the roof lights, i tried to get off the plastic glass on the front roof light, but i cant seem to get it all the way off, and i am afraid to just pull it, any tips? Or am i just meant to pull it like a mad man? :D

I used a thin blade kitchen knife, first slide it in at the windscreen side this just pops down easy then slide knife in at the back of it and prise it down, it is a little tight, then just jiggle it about putting it back, put it back how you took it out.

I used a thin blade kitchen knife, first slide it in at the windscreen side this just pops down easy then slide knife in at the back of it and prise it down, it is a little tight, then just jiggle it about putting it back, put it back how you took it out.

Cool - thanks mate, i'll give it a try when i get my bulbs!

Is there anyway to change the colour of the LED in the light above the glovebox?

I've managed to get hold of one to experiment with just waiting for it to be delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Is there anyway to change the colour of the LED in the light above the glovebox?

I've managed to get hold of one to experiment with just waiting for it to be delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Not unless you're a dab hand with a soldering iron and swapping the SMDs over.

Like mine ? :)

post-44466-0-26552500-1395598462.jpg

I didn't have one standard though so wired an led strip in the place of the standard one

• 6 months later...

question how do you replace footwell bulb? Asin do you twist it out or pull it out and can I remove it while the light is still on when the door is open because I can't get down to it otherwise and also the main interior light at top of your head how do I go around replacing that what is the size of led bulb? And twist or pull to remove them? rather ask then go ahead and brake something mk7.5 model

The foot well ones are a simple friction fit, you just push them in. You can remove and fit them when they are on (and as LED's only work one way it helps to do so) but the "old" filament bulbs can be hot so you may need gloves or at least pull them out when off. Sit in the seat and reach forward when the door closed and you should find them easy enough to pull out, then open the door, and use a torch to put the replacements in.

I bought some flashing 5 colour "Disco" ones for a student at work as a leaving present, and he was quite taken with them, I only meant it as an annoying joke present..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys (and girls), with regards to the footwell lights, I too am replacing them with white LED's, but I just want to understand how the light fitting itself pops out? Is there a clip on it? Like with the number plate light or is it literally yank it out and force it back in?

Would be interested in this! Nice little mod and cheap as chips. Also I think I would have to do something really wrong to damage something.

I think a white light would look nice maybe but unsure if they do them in white. I guess once you get the right bulb it's just a case of unplug old plug in new

Just pull them out, but be careful because if they are lit, they will be hot. Push leds in, if not light turn trough 180 degrees.

I started with 5 smds, but have now uprated them to 13s..

Hardest part is getting your head under the dash to see where the holders are.

Just pull them out, but be careful because if they are lit, they will be hot. Push leds in, if not light turn trough 180 degrees.

I started with 5 smds, but have now uprated them to 13s..

Hardest part is getting your head under the dash to see where the holders are.

Hi Karl46, sorry to be a pain. I get that the bulbs are just pulled out but I am referring to the light housing. Does the plastic just get pulled off or is there a clip on it. Again my apologies if you have to repeat yourself.

Would be interested in this! Nice little mod and cheap as chips. Also I think I would have to do something really wrong to damage something.

I think a white light would look nice maybe but unsure if they do them in white. I guess once you get the right bulb it's just a case of unplug old plug in new

James, have you heard of the app AliExpress? If not, Merry Christmas bro.. Everything you need at ridiculously cheap prices. They come from China but I've used them for Years.. Also I'm waiting on a HID Kit and LED daytime running lights.. Only downside is you have to wait 3 weeks for delivery.. But very worth it.

James, have you heard of the app AliExpress? If not, Merry Christmas bro.. Everything you need at ridiculously cheap prices. They come from China but I've used them for Years.. Also I'm waiting on a HID kit and LED daytime running lights.. Only downside is you have to wait 3 weeks for delivery.. But very worth it.

Indeed I have not so I may give that a look! I was just going to browse eBay for some (Would happily pay an extra £5 or so to have them within a week, I can be inpatient...)

Also looking at changing my dipped beam to white/HID and possibly my running lights. the running lights on mine are the standard one but would like either the LED strip daytime running lights (On the Zetec S?) or simply white ones..... leaving that at the moment though as I know the housing can be tricky....also got to fix a dent on the bonnet as one has appeared right along the crease..... :censored::censored:

But back on topic!: I may look for the same bulbs on eBay and let you know how they go! Will probably then move onto the overhead lighting

Sorry Chris. I relied to a previous post on page 1, without realising that there was a page 2.

Anyway, yes the bulb holder does just push in. The problem is getting them out, they have 4 claws which when pushed in to the hole grip the rim. To get them out, apart from the access problem means that you have to push the grip in on at least 2 legs, or be brutal if you can grip the holder to force 2 legs to compress thereby leaving the other 2 to be pulled out at an angle.

Good luck.

Hey Karl, cheers for your support mate. I will let you know how I get on. I'm just waiting on my LEDs so have a bit of time to check things out before I install. Like I was saying to JSMarsden im also gonna be installing LED sidelights, daytime running lights and a HID Kit.. No more yellow :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club