Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Police Scotland - Speeding Van

Liam McCann

If it makes you feel any better,

I just ran a quote for my self driving 3 years, 0 No Claims, 3 Points £100 fine, Mk7 Fiesta 1.25, 9000 miles

And i was coming in around £550 - £1000!

Which isnt to bad!

Go compare, google insurance compare and money supermarket will share your quote details (all quotes) with some insurance company, this will be a contributing factor to your price, I know this because I did the same.

Done a quote on money super using my girlfriend post code then couple months later did a quote on google totally unrelated quotes yet the insurance company was able to tell me I did multiple quotes with different addresses and fault claims/none fault clains etc, they were able to tell me the exact addressed used, different compare sites different car! Different insurance company, in the end they refused to insure me so use a different name when doing test quotes

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

The biggest contributing factor, is that you were driving like a tool. A guy on here had a blow-out at 75 recently and was VERY lucky with the outcome.

I hope you did. How else will you learn? Do you need to kill somebody/yourself first? Doing a couple of MPH over the limit is one thing - doing half the speed limit again is suicidal.

Watch this video. All the way through. Yeah she was texting, but the potential outcome is the same.

[video snipped]

I can (sort-of) understand if it is a one-off stupidity, but I have a "friend" who regularly boasts about pushing it to 100-110MPH on the motorways sometimes. Not sure if he is lying (doubt it), but I just don't understand the mentality.

I agree with what your saying but it was a one off and if anything a mistake since over taking a car doing 50 who then decides to go faster and faster not letting you in and having someone up your !Removed! to

Oh yes. Try that one, always someone else's fault and they forced you to speed. Did you slam on the brakes with someone right behind you?

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Its a difficult one speeding, and will always be really. Because there will always be someone on the road who wants to go slower than other people, and someone who wants to be considerably faster. Just have to bend over and take the fine, but you were speeding and that's only your fault. When I was caught I was late off work because people had spent a whole afternoon messing me about left right and centre, had promised someone I would be there at said time, then came up to some slow lorries and thought "£$%^& IT, so went for it. Was my decision and as much as I could try and blame everyone else for delaying me, still my choice to boot it.

I totally agree I am at fault, If I have been caught I will be asking for evidence and what device was used.

All that can really be said is good look Liam!

To be honest, most of the guys here will give anyone a hard time speeding. Some guys here work with it, and see it daily and the consequences, some like me have come across accidents and been the first aider, so I have seen its consequences first hand (dont get me wrong, I still slip up too!) so dont take the comments too hard but do learn from your experience!

We all have days where we slip up, and other days were we deliberately go out of our way to screw up, but this scare (if thats all it ends up as) will probably discourage it for a while! :p

• Like 2

Mobile camera vans have max catching distance 1500 meters but if it's at night with your main beam lights on of a sunny day with a shinny black car with sun bounching off it can get all the mobile speed cameras to come up with an error

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ahhh that's a fair distance, Looks like I am caught then. On a second note my car is black and shiny so as you say I may be lucky there but I don't think I am that lucky to be honest!

Was midday sun shining towards be so hopefuly but I don't think I am that lucky as i say!

Is there any chanche of catching me at such a far distance I can say it was maybe the car next to me/question the accuracy of the machine at that distance?