Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Zetec 55 Reg Spark Plugs Help Please

bravo31zero

I had a corsa once kept mis firing and only being a 3 cylinder sewing machine, I pulled the plugs to find the centre electrode has dropped down luckily held by the earthing electrode etc.

That was a standard spark plug so it really can happen to any type.

I ran ngk iridium in my quacker and it ran very well never missed a beat.

I'm either going to try the Bosch Super +39 trade £11.26 or the Ngk LTR5IX-11 @£5.85 each delivered

Or Denso platinums @ £14.99 a set delivered

Ok went for Bosch super +39 Yyttrim set to 1mm

Sounds smoother and seems to be far more responsive on the pedal, kicks down and picks up faster too.

Took out NGK TR5A which seem a tad manky lol

Ok went for Bosch super +39 Yyttrim set to 1mm

Sounds smoother and seems to be far more responsive on the pedal, kicks down and picks up faster too.

Took out NGK TR5A which seem a tad manky lol

post-33424-0-22833800-1395602390_thumb.j

glad you made a decision lol, them sparks look fine on the tips, good sign that the engine is in sound health but a lil curious what all that stuff is around the threads.

How old are they? or do you not know?

No idea on age. It was serviced 2/1/14 but unsure what was done, I have loads of receipts so may check them again.

Tips look new and too unsure why oily crap round threads unless greased/oiled threads when new plugs were put in before???

Looks pretty mucky like core plugs popped or leaked before in plugs area, looks dusty rusted colour.

Got it 2 weeks ago and I took out 3 years warranty on it so any major probs they can sort it lol

49000 on clock, had cambelt kit and water pump replaced last year according to receipts.

Was about to say was there any water leaks ect as would explain some of it. AT least that's a job done, I guess yours is the 100bhp petrol? and not the Ti-VCT?

its from when the plugs were last checked dust and debris gets into the area around the plug hole i try to clear it out with compressed air first garages dont so when you copper grease the threads and try to put them back in the grease picks up the dust and crud and it gets caught in the threads

• Like 1

its from when the plugs were last checked dust and debris gets into the area around the plug hole i try to clear it out with compressed air first garages dont so when you copper grease the threads and try to put them back in the grease picks up the dust and crud and it gets caught in the threads

explains it as there pretty concealed in the focus so a perfect trap for debris/dust, didn't think of that, was wondering why it didn't look more of a copper colour on the pictures.

• Like 1

Not sure on the TI VCT??

Not sure on the TI VCT??

theres a standard 1.6 100bhp petrol and a 1.6 115bhp petrol Ti-VCT (Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing)

Looks like mine has a twin cam etc with plugs in between both cams.

1.6L Zetec-S PFI (100PS)

1.6L Zetec-S PFI (100PS)

its just the standard 100bhp engine and not the Ti-VCT

Mine is a Ti-VCT and says,

1.6L Duratec-16V Ti-VCT (115/120PS)

was just curious with regards to the sparks.

Ok no probs

Quick update

Very happy with the Bosch +39 plugs :)

What is the best electrical grease to use on the plug leads connections??? Make? Product name or number???

Thanks

Rob

Thanks mate

• 2 weeks later...

Added the grease now thanks,

Ok so can anyone tell me the average mpg of the 1.6 Zetec automatic?? I'm only getting between 26 round town and 30-32 on a run.

Ford have had it in under warranty and can't find any problems but did update the latest software whilst it was plugged in. This I'm a bit dubious about as I would of expected the ave mpg, trip clock, ave speed etc to have been reset but still on the same as I left it.

Anyone know the latest software version level ?....

Thanks rob

youre mpg is about right for an auto and the type of driving you do the ti vct with more power has better mpg than the standard 1.6

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club