Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Deactivate The Alarm, Due To A Dog

screamer

My father in law has just bought a 06 focus 1.8tdci ghia focus estate

he's got a dog and sometimes leaves him in the car to nip into shops etc,

he's having problems with the alarm going off with the dog inside, how can he get it to to stop going off when he leaves the dog in the car?

cheers

at a guess from experience with other cars if you use the key to lock the car instead of the fob it wont activate the alarm, may be different in a focus but that's how it has worked in other cars I have used.

• Like 1

or if that doesn't work I guess you could deactivate interior scanning using elmconfig or just unplug the scanners?

• Like 1

thanks, i'll pass this info on to him and see how it goes

If you only single lock the car (one press on the fob) the alarm won't arm.

The alarm only comes on with double lock (when the indicators flash).

If the car has interior motion sensors then there should be a scan deactivation button near the driver side door catch.

• Like 4

Mines on the drivers door as stoney says.

daz

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

If I wanted to permanently disable the interior sensors (so as to minimise false alarms) would there be any downside to putting tape over the sensors ?

The alarm on my Focus has started going off for no reason (interestingly, both times it was a similar time of night, around 10.30 PM ! ). I`d like to eliminate the sensors or insects flying about or spiders or whatever. I can`t really see the point of the alarm for me anyway, there`s never anything valuable left in the car and it`s got an immobiliser anyway.

I've had the same problem with just leaving the windows open a bit on a hot day. Locking the doors with one press on the fob still activates the alarm, its just that a second press activates dead-locking. I will try using the key in the lock instead of remote locking and will report back.

On the drivers door will be a button (on mine if I press the top it folds the mirrors, if I press the bottom it deactivates the interior sensors)

post-1371-0-24234900-1439560936_thumb.jp

One click or two on the key fob will still activate the alarm. I have a button on the driver's door as above but there is no light or other way of knowing if it is set or not - does it reset itself automatically every time or is it once and forget? The Ford handbook doesn't have prcise instructions and isn't very helpful.

• 4 years later...

I've pressed this button and now the drivers door won't unlock with the fob or key please help