Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

John9752

Diesel Knock & Judder - Mondeo 1.8 Tdci 2009

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to this website and quite new to Ford Mondeo's. I bought the car 7 months ago and has now done 75,000 miles.

When I start the car it usually takes 2 attempts when cold weather and with some white smoke. The car then runs fine and is generally quite quiet until it starts to warm up. The diesel knocking then starts and gives a little judder when setting off from a standstill, although the judder stops when the car is up to temperature the knocking on acceleration continues.

I have had the fuel filter changed and a new fuel pressure regulator fitted but is still the same, acceleration is very good and fuel consumption is also good, I have found the car runs a little better on a better grade of fuel.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem can be?

I was informed by a ford technician not to use "supermarket fuel", run car nearly dry say to 20 miles left then put full tank of decent fuel in BP or Shell hope it works :mellow: