Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

vinzchau9

Ford Focus Mk 1 - Abs Tone/reluctor Ring?

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I've been experiencing abs and traction control lights coming on intermittently with a juddering sensation when I apply the brakes. I think this is down to the ABS reluctor ring which may need changing, however could anyone tell me where I can source a replacement ring for the front hubs? I've been searching online but come across rings for the rear only.

Thanks

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but... I have only changed non abs front wheel bearings on the old mk1 before but I believe models fitted with abs use different wheel bearings.

Thanks, yea I've just checked and realized its part of the wheel bearing assembly.

Would anyone have any idea what could be causing the abs and traction lights to flick on intermittently? As well as that i'm experiencing a vibration like noise when I go over a hump or rough patch of road and sometimes a juddering sensation when I apply the brakes. Could it be the wheel bearings or abs sensors?

Thanks