Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ticking Noise On Cold Engine 125 Ecoboost

claus10

When I drive the first couple of miles and the engine is cold, there is a noticeable engine noise. It's easy to hear especially when the windows are down and driving alongside walls or other solid barriers that resonates noise. The noise dissappears after 2 miles give or take. It is especially noticeable in 2. gear around 1500-3000 RPM. The weird thing is, that if I press the clutch and let the engine idle, the noise doesn't dissappear along with the revs. It takes some seconds, it's like a turbo or a wheel that has to rev down.

It makes around 5-10 ticks per second and when I stop giving throttle t the ticking slows down- and becomes less "hard".

I suspect the injectors, however I can't get it to make sense as they shut stop immediately when I stop giving throttle?

Has anybody noticed this on theirs?

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick... tick ......tick.....tick....tick ............tick.....................tick.....................................tick...................................tick.................................................tick..

LOL I feel stupid, but hopeful it makes sense for you guys.

I'm delivering it to the dealer tomorrow so I would really appreciate some input.

Something else I've noticed. around 3000-3500 RPM the engines is not delivering linear power. It feels like it misfires a llittle - looses a little power around here.

Update: It was mapped once, but it got removed once I noticed the ticking.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club