Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 Tdci 115 Bhp Deisel Spill Off Pipe / Leak Off Pipe.

Gezziefizzle

Hi i i have problem starting the car in the morning n my cousin who is a mechanic says the injector leak off pipe needs replacing but i cant find anyone who sells them, is the leak off pipe same as a spill off pipe ? Sounds a daft question but i wana know before i buy anythin Or start malling with it. Also anyone have a gd idea how much it might cost to get done at a garage as ive already done the glow plugs auxiliary belt cam belt and fuel filter oil filter air filter and an oil change myself.

its easy to change, cant find a price atm but i think it was around 40-50 from ford. just unclip them from the injectors and the fuel rail and clip the new ones in. be careful with the little retaining clips they can easily be lost

Hello Mark. I work at a Motor Factors and we sell the kits to do this.Basically just a roll of hose (which you cut down) or a pack of 3 short bits of hose and a blanking plug for about a Tenner at the very most!! Part number is Pearl PDP01 or PDP03 depending on which version you want.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Why would the leak-off pipe affect the starting? Surely it's just to return the leaked-off fuel to the tank.

When you say you have a problem starting do you mean you have to crank it for a long time? Does it run ok once it has started? Did this problem occur before you replaced all those items?

With our Tdci I found the glow plugs stay on after the dash light has gone out. I now count to five before operating the starter and this seems to help considerably.

• 1 month later...

Late reply i apologise, if the leak of pipes are cracked they let air into the system as as diesels use compression to run it would affect starting and power loss, i found some universal leak off pipe at a local parts garage was only £5. Also put an cleaner in the fuel thats called lucos which was recommended by my dad. It was £8 but heard some really good things from it. I still have starting problems with some days it starts 1st time. I do not have problem cranking it, it fires then the revs drop straight away andn conks out. Thanks for your comments guys. I just hope its not the injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club