Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning A Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Tdci

Kieraaan94

Hi guys!

I'm about to buy a MK6 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCi and was wondering what I could do to it power-wise.

I was thinking about the obvious things I could do.

Such as:

Bigger Intercooler

De-cat the exhaust

Induction kit

Remap ect.

Can anyone quote how much bhp I will be looking at?

Cheers.

Nice to hear you're getting a ZS tdci,

Speaking in terms of power there is minimal difference in bhp before/after fitting an induction kit. However, you will notice a little bit more joy when planting your right foot to the floor.. Induction kits also sound sweet on a tdci! If you went K&N like people tell you to you're looking at £50 (panel filter) to £150 (full induction)

I took a trip to my local superchips (Buckingham) to pick up a bluefin.. IMO this is the mod that you'll get the most joy out of.. Adds around 25bhp and a !Removed! load of torque which will transform your zs! Cost is around 320 inc vat. I went for the bluefin over a simple remap as you can restore the factory map whenever you like, the unit also doubles up as a diagnostics reader should you have any problems wit your car..

If you drive sensibly you're likely to see a mpg increase from the bluefin - mine went from around 49 to 56, but if you hammer down mpg will remain unchanged!

FYI, had some other quotes from tuning companies who all quoted fairly similar figures w/regards to a remap ranging from around 270-350 all in. Most companies also offer 7/14 day guarantees if remaps aren't to your liking..

Can't comment on the decat as I've not had it done but in terms of cost per horse I'd go for the remap first and then toy with other bits!

Hope that helps,if you need anything else give us a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks for the reply mate I will be looking into that!

What's the max potential these engines can take bhp wise without a turbo upgrade?

I was hoping to get around 135-140 bhp if that's possible.

Kieran

Thanks for the reply mate I will be looking into that!

What's the max potential these engines can take bhp wise without a turbo upgrade?

I was hoping to get around 135-140 bhp if that's possible.

Kieran

Not entirely sure if I'm honest, had a chat with the guys at superchips who told me they change around 100 parameters, including the boost pressures in the turbo - however they do it within the limit of your cars capability so usually you wouldn't get any problems/need to uprate any other parts!

With the remap alone you're looking at around 115-120, add in to that around 5-10 for a decat (estimate) and at max 2 for the induction you're pushing 130!

Thankyou guys so much! I will be happy with around 130😄👍

• 3 years later...
On 25/03/2014 at 12:22 PM, dmizz93 said:

Nice to hear you're getting a ZS tdci,

Speaking in terms of power there is minimal difference in bhp before/after fitting an induction kit. However, you will notice a little bit more joy when planting your right foot to the floor.. Induction kits also sound sweet on a tdci! If you went K&N like people tell you to you're looking at £50 (panel filter) to £150 (full induction)

I took a trip to my local superchips (Buckingham) to pick up a bluefin.. IMO this is the mod that you'll get the most joy out of.. Adds around 25bhp and a !Removed! load of torque which will transform your zs! Cost is around 320 inc vat. I went for the bluefin over a simple remap as you can restore the factory map whenever you like, the unit also doubles up as a diagnostics reader should you have any problems wit your car..

If you drive sensibly you're likely to see a mpg increase from the bluefin - mine went from around 49 to 56, but if you hammer down mpg will remain unchanged!

FYI, had some other quotes from tuning companies who all quoted fairly similar figures w/regards to a remap ranging from around 270-350 all in. Most companies also offer 7/14 day guarantees if remaps aren't to your liking..

Can't comment on the decat as I've not had it done but in terms of cost per horse I'd go for the remap first and then toy with other bits!

Hope that helps,if you need anything else give us a PM.

Aryt mate, I have 1.6 tdci and cant find air intake anywhere? Please help 

which Mk / year fiesta?

if it is mk6.5 the air intake is the concertina style plastic pipe just in front of the battery in this pic (slightly to left of battery in the pic)

ford-fiesta-5-door-1-6tdci-trend-2007-id