Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus Sport Temperature Problem

jg1581

Hi all please please please help me, my engine temp will not go beyond 60c I changed the thermostat TWICE and coolant temp sensor, there are no fault codes and the are no leaks, the oil is fine and as far as I can tell the water pump is pumping so has anyone any ideas

How are you reading the temperature, via ODB or the instrument cluster.

Just trying to think if it might be a display issue, rather than sensor?

Run the car in test mode by holding the set/reset on the trip computer while you turn the ignition to the on position (not starting the car), then use the set/reset button to cycle through the menus until you reach the Engine Temp screen.

the temperature on the dials is the coolant temperature sensor and that will not rise as fast, only when you drive for some time it will start to rise.

Im reading the temp from the dials on the dash aswell as via odb linked to my phone and it reads the same temp as for the trip counter thing I shall give that a whirl

Theres a head temp sensor and a coolant sensor plugged into the side of the thermostat

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club