Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Xenon Hid Conversion

FFiesta

hey guys i want to put hid xenon (white) headlights on my ford fiesta 1.25 edge but im not too sure what kit to get?

I have a friend that can fit them but i want to be sure im getting the right ones!

cheers,

em

If i were you, I would only get the one kit as the rest of the bulbs won't be worth changing over to HID's

I believe just converting current headlamps with hids is illegal. In that link it even says for off road show.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Without washers and an auto-levelling system HIDs would fail an MOT and are therefore illegal.

You are better off just changing the bulbs for whiter ones.

I'm looking into doing this ATM too but the majority of people say it's better to just swap the bulbs to brighter ones so I'm going to try this option first :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hids will pass the mot!:) well mine did yesterday!:) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This question has been asked many times on the forum, have a search for HID's you'll get loads of advice on fitting etc. You only need one HID Kit for your dipped beam, main beam will take too long to warm up if you need to flash your lights.I bought mine from HIDs direct they are good quality and very helpful if you have any problems.

Basically HID's are illegal but some MOT testers will pass them as long as the beam pattern is OK. Of course as you have a 2012 model you won't need to worry until next year anyway. When the MOT is due just swap the bulbs for your standard ones.

Brighter bulbs will never be as bright as HID's although I have heard that night breakers are pretty good.

Em your 1.25 edge has reflector lights not projectors,right?

If so, don't bother with HID lights. All you'll do is wind up everyone else up at night as the beam will be all over the place.

Reflectors and HID lights are a waste. Fine in projectors though if fitted properly. Obviously as above it's supposed to be an MOT fail and technically illegal but there you go...

Good point about reflectors I hadn't realised that

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club