Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dumb Valve

Lee Oyston

Hi I have a ford fiesta 1.4 58 reg

I have always wanted the swoosh noise on my car just like most subarus have I am aware that you can only have a proper one if you have a turbo but I know you can get them for cars without turbo can anyone help me as I want to but one but don't know what I am looking for thanks.

It's called a DUMP Valve not Dumb so that won't aid your searching

If you read what I said you would of noticed I don't know what it's called properly jog on with your sarky comments

If you read what I said you would of noticed I don't know what it's called properly jog on with your sarky comments

Please take all 'banter' in the manner in which it is meant.

We're all here to have fun and a bit of ribbing comes as part of the territory.

• Like 2

A blowoff valve (BOV), bypass valve or dump valve is a pressure release system present in most turbocharged engines. Its purpose is to prevent compressor surge, and reduce wear on the turbocharger and engine. Blowoff valves relieve the damaging effects of compressor "surge loading" by allowing the compressed air to vent to the atmosphere, making a distinct hissing sound, or recirculate into the intake upstream of the compressor inlet.

So no you cannot fit a blow off valves to a non turbo car, save yourself some money and go "pssshhht" every time you change gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

This would give the noise you are after but I implore you not to get one....

Many people would laugh... I would be one of them.

• Like 1

So would I, sorry.

Mate if you want the sound, go and by a cheap turbo car. You will seriously (and deservedly) get the P ripped out of you for doing it.

• Like 1

I just get my Mrs to open a can of pop whenever I change gear.

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

• Like 4

Why ? just why ?

My old saab had a lovely big turbo and I loved the fact it didn't make a ridiculous noise when dumping pressure.

However you can not beat a nice bit of wastegate chatter :)

must... resist...!!! :lol:

Sounds cool when someone passes you in the street, not so cool when you live with it day to day. You end up wishing it would just shut up........

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

All.joking aside mate. Please don't get 1. They sound absolutely terrible and imo you can tell it's a fake.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

I thought most modern, small engined, small turboed cars didn't really have dump valves anymore?

Aren't the turbos in Fords all variable vane turbos?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

No they still have a valve that releases pressure from the turbo, and i think dumps it back into the intake. If you get an induction kit for the ecoboost you can hear it as there is less plastic pipework muffling the sound. Its actually a pretty loud dump valve noise with an induction kit fitted.

Do not try and get a dump valve noise from an N/A engine, there isn't many more pathetic ways to spend your money.

Yes most seem to be recirc dump valves nowadays. It just stops compressor stall.