• 1,135 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

And I bet there all told there wife it wasn't there fault lol total idiots

Sounds just like my Dad!

He got collared doing 38 in a 30 (in my car). He'd just dropped off my passport and discharge book to me (I was headed to Plymouth to join a ship and hadn't noticed my folder fall out of my bag.)

Dad kindly met me at Trowell Services and moaned about the motorways being full of roadworks (as a trucker, I would have thought he'd find that less than surprising, but hey ho). He decided to shoot home "the other way" - Through towards Nottingham and up to Newark then on to Grimsby.

It was in Nottinghamshire he got collared. He told Mum that "for the simple reason is...I had to get Sean's folder to him! And he was in the services carpark!"

...hold on a moment, thinks I...he didn't come through Nottinghamshire on the way TO me...

Then the story changed "...but it was a 30 zone that was only a hundred yards long!" (Yeah...ok Dad...still a 30 though!!).

The most irritating thing: he has 6 points on his license and still finds it highly amusing! He has however, been offered a speed awareness course (again...he's done 3 since they were introduced...this will be number 4). Don't think he's going on my insurance again...
Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,771 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

Gotta love parents, on the plus side, he dug you out of a hole, just now has 3 points for the privelage :P

#18 SeanW

SeanW

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,135 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Jammy git has got the speed awareness course instead.

Don't get me wrong, i am grateful for what he did. It's just really annoying that he finds it so amusing and blames everyone/everything else for HIS mistake. Especially when he's putting his job at risk (no license, no driving, no job)

When my Mum told me I'd received the NIP, my response was along the lines of "Oops, my bad"
She then pointed out it was my car that gad been pinged on a day I couldn't have been driving it

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

#19 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,771 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

well on the plus side, its a good job your dad didnt ask you to take his points!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users