Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Speed Cameras, Some People Deserve A Ticket

sparksy32

So on my way to work the other night I was going down blackheath hill. There is a speed camera on the hill facing down.

3 cars in front of me, the first car of the three gets flashed.

You would think the second car would slow, but he doesn't and you guessed it he gets flashed as well.

The third car was a bit more savvy (or so I thought). He slowed down and didn't get flashed.

I decided to air on the side of caution and went through at about 20 mph.

Now at the bottom of the hill there is a set of traffic lights (can you see where this is going).

The third car that had slowed down previously went through on a red and triggered the traffic light camera.

Priceless. You really can't fix stupid.

Mark

• Like 8

Thanks for cheering me up, made my day. :D

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Ha lol

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Ford OC mobile app

Hahaha! That's just some of the people we have in this country!

..and I bet you anything when the summons comes through, they'll be posting on their favourite motoring forum complaining about how hard-done-by they are and asking how to get out of paying the fine. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Some people really are just born 'dum basses' aren't they..

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Isnt it nice there are so many dorks out there who are happy to contribute to exchequer funds to assist with the national debt :D

• Like 2

haha, love it bilbo! a very positive spin on an idiocy :D

Sins we are on the topic of Camera's and Dumb asses, I have a question for you guys and gals, I live here on the Southern most tip of Africa in George, Western Cape, there is a very nice Pass between George and the next town called Wilderness, the left lane is a 40km/h zone and the right lane is 60km/h zone remember this is SA left lane is the slow lane, now my question to you is if you drive 60km/h in the slow lane, can you be fined for doing so?

We have been debating this topic in the office for a while now

where i live there was a speed camera facing as as you came round a blind bend - its been change to the newer version and faces the other way but it faces various signs so i'd be surprised if anyone got caught speeding. i have noticed a spare column - they could change the camera whenever they wanted to catch you out....barstewards

where i live there was a speed camera facing as as you came round a blind bend - its been change to the newer version and faces the other way but it faces various signs so i'd be surprised if anyone got caught speeding. i have noticed a spare column - they could change the camera whenever they wanted to catch you out....barstewards

If you aren't breaking the law, they won't "catch you out". Simples.

If you aren't breaking the law, they won't "catch you out". Simples.

true but sometimes your speed creeps up alittle and next thing you know you are breaking the speed limit and kapow you've been flashed.

come to think of it, last week i was sitting in traffic and there was a couple of HGV's in front of me and the trafic eased and started moving again but about 500 yards down the road i spotted a speed camerca van and looked at my speedo and it was showing approx 33mph so with 19's on the actual speed may have been more, i hit the brakes straightaway to slow down. I dont know if the camera was for oncoming traffic or traffic going past it....time will tell. i'll be annoyed if i have been caught out.

• 4 weeks later...

And I bet there all told there wife it wasn't there fault lol total idiots

And I bet there all told there wife it wasn't there fault lol total idiots

Sounds just like my Dad!

He got collared doing 38 in a 30 (in my car). He'd just dropped off my passport and discharge book to me (I was headed to Plymouth to join a ship and hadn't noticed my folder fall out of my bag.)

Dad kindly met me at Trowell Services and moaned about the motorways being full of roadworks (as a trucker, I would have thought he'd find that less than surprising, but hey ho). He decided to shoot home "the other way" - Through towards Nottingham and up to Newark then on to Grimsby.

It was in Nottinghamshire he got collared. He told Mum that "for the simple reason is...I had to get Sean's folder to him! And he was in the services carpark!"

...hold on a moment, thinks I...he didn't come through Nottinghamshire on the way TO me...

Then the story changed "...but it was a 30 zone that was only a hundred yards long!" (Yeah...ok Dad...still a 30 though!!).

The most irritating thing: he has 6 points on his license and still finds it highly amusing! He has however, been offered a speed awareness course (again...he's done 3 since they were introduced...this will be number 4). Don't think he's going on my insurance again...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Gotta love parents, on the plus side, he dug you out of a hole, just now has 3 points for the privelage :p

Jammy git has got the speed awareness course instead.

Don't get me wrong, i am grateful for what he did. It's just really annoying that he finds it so amusing and blames everyone/everything else for HIS mistake. Especially when he's putting his job at risk (no license, no driving, no job)

When my Mum told me I'd received the NIP, my response was along the lines of "Oops, my bad"

She then pointed out it was my car that gad been pinged on a day I couldn't have been driving it

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

well on the plus side, its a good job your dad didnt ask you to take his points!