Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obd/usb Help

jace1969

Hi all

Hi have a fiesta 1.4 /10 reg and m8 has a focus on a 10 reg.

I have a gm/op-com when i had my vauxhall but would like the same obd 2 software/interface

that will do the same but on my ford ( all lights like airbag/abs/fault lights/codes etc. )

My op-com was great as it did all these and programme keys.

I hope someone can put me on the right track for one,my op-com was around £25

Thanks all.

Any advice would be great,even on what interface or tool to get.

I have elm 327 interface,is this the same as the ford super f interface and just need software.

I see a lot of these on eBay super f and does a lot of things.

cheers

Best thing is a modified ELM 327 cable (modified meaning is has a switch to allow you to access MS-CAN/HS-CAN as different modules reside on the different canbus networks), then software like forscan and ELMconfig.

Don't think you can program keys with it (can't remember).

ELMconfig allows you to read codes and access all the modules on the car, and switch features on/off - e.g. auto door locking, seat belt chime etc etc.

Here is a thread to get you started:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

I also found this page useful

http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/elmconfig-enable-ford-ecu-functions/

Modified ELM will cost around £20, and can be had off eBay, or a member dezwez on here was flogging them - not sure if he still is. Or you could modify your own.

Anyway there is a starter - lots of reading/research needed now :)

Thanks a lot mate for that and the links.great help.

I have 2 elm 327 cables because on the one the pins came loose so i could just make one for a ford.

They sent me a new one free.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400526448609?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Will this do all focus.....1.6/1.8 and most models and fiesta 1.2/1.4 cc's most models.

Like titanium/zetec s/lx etc.........and would this be the type to get if i did.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

hi what software did you use with the elm327 please, and was it a success at activating any not turned on?

thanks rob

This is a old post i did pop up.

To be honest i aint used it a lot but i use a few.

Forscan is the main one i used and a few other free ones just for ECU codes.

I like Forscan with the modified elm as it gives you loads you can do.

• Like 1

i tried forscan but my elm is not modded, is it easy to mod ?

i tried forscan but my elm is not modded, is it easy to mod ?

I got mine off eBay,it's just got a switch on the side or back but look at there feedback as some are

done very cheap,i have had no problems on mine.

I have had mine ages but it has the ford sticker on it and around £15 area,look at there feedback for

selling the item not only feedback in all,i had loads of free software with mine.

• 4 weeks later...

i brought the modded elm and used the fordscan and others which it did let me in to but somethings i have turned on already were not ticked when it read the modules etc so didn't mess with anything, all i wanted to do was turn on global windows, but unsure even though i have one touch windows they are onlt front electric windows and manual backs

i brought the modded elm and used the fordscan and others which it did let me in to but somethings i have turned on already were not ticked when it read the modules etc so didn't mess with anything, all i wanted to do was turn on global windows, but unsure even though i have one touch windows they are onlt front electric windows and manual backs

Unfortunately no mate for global closure you need to have electric windows all round
  • Like 1

Doh ok thanks, started with an intermittent fault i think, drove home from work only 4 miles tonight and turned engine off to the electric rad fan on full spin, turned ignition back on without starting and fan stopped, did this the other week on a similar distance journey, any ideas

Doh ok thanks, started with an intermittent fault i think, drove home from work only 4 miles tonight and turned engine off to the electric rad fan on full spin, turned ignition back on without starting and fan stopped, did this the other week on a similar distance journey, any ideas

What engine you got? If it's a diesel that could just be a regen of the dpf that's been stopped before completing due to you turning the ignition off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club