Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Windscreen Damage Am I Just Unlucky

alatchford

I took delivery of my fiesta zetec s at the beginning of the month and already have 2 large stone chips and a scratch on the windscreen. One of the chips has been repaired and was where the tax disk sits the other which happened today is right in front of the driver and is hopefully being repaired on wednesday although I am expecting the whole screen to be replaced as it's a large impact. Is this a common problem with the heated front screens or am I just really unlucky. I was driving at the speed of the road and following the car in front at a safe distance.

Thanks Alastair

Think your just having a run of bad luck mate.

I had a huge crack in my screen then was replaced Jan last year, was chipped a month later. Replaced in July after it cracked along the entire screen, 6 days later that was cracked... £155 excess in total, just the lovely quality of our roads :) Interestingly every major chip and crack occurred on the A140.

It's not just you, with my car I swear a have a stone hit it atleast once a month, just out of nowhere I get stone flick up at my screen! Every time it does I just rant on to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Had my car about 2 months and had to replace the windscreen about a month ago. Tiniest chip ever and before I'd even noticed it it had cracked about 5-6 inches :(.

Thank god for windscreen cover. They even agreed to replace it with a genuine ford one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Be careful all those 'free' window repairs don't affect your insurance, especially if you fancy up grading your car.

Be careful all those 'free' window repairs don't affect your insurance, especially if you fancy up grading your car.

The repairs are part of the windscreen cover on my insurance but still cost £25 a time :(

Free or not, they count as claims & can affect your insurance, especially if upgrading to a higher insurance group car.

Mines was £75 and doesn't effect insurance.

But yeah other insurance companies may be different

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Insurance company stated any windscreen claims will not effect any insurance premiums on my policy.

Just buy a repair kit of eBay less than £20, fixed a small chip in mine last week and have done about 5 on my wife's corsa and there's still some left if I get any more.

I'll have to ask my insurance about that, what can I do about my rear windscreen? I've noticed a scratch about 3 inches long, no idea how to get it resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I called out Autoglass via my insurance company a couple of weeks back to deal with a couple of decent sized chips.

He came out, poked them with a steel pick and informed me they'd been done before so he couldn't do anything.

So now I have an even bigger chip where the bloke poked around.Will just have to wait until it cracks enough to justify a replacement.

Also, my insurance company won't increase premiums for a windscreen claim, but they also do not accumulate another year's NCD for the period that the claim was made.

My missus called me the other day and told my that Gavin from Autoglass has been round and injected his special resin into her crack...

Funny thing was though, is that I had the car!?

• Like 4

I need to check this out. I have autoglass coming round tomorrow to fix a chip....need to give Swift Cover a ring before they come out

My missus called me the other day and told my that Gavin from Autoglass has been round and injected his special resin into her crack...

Funny thing was though, is that I had the car!?

:p

A quick update today a guy from auto windscreens came round to fix the chip which as I thought turned out to be too large to repair so after owning the car for just over a month it needs a replacement screen :(. The guy said his boss would ring tomorrow after getting in touch with elephant my insurance provider to see if they would pay for a genuine ford screen hopefully they will and I can arange fitting for some time next week will keep you posted.

I said 'can' affect your insurance. For me it was when I got another car that was a few insurance groups higher, & they refused to insure it due to my (window) claims :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club