Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best way to get rid of rust?

Michael P

My R reg fiesta has a bit of rust on it, as is expected. There is a little bit, about 2 inches long, on the drivers door sill and a bit about 2 inches on the right rear door on the curvy bit in line with the wheel arch (technical language thrives)

My dad thinks that just sanding it down, putting rust protector stuff that i glanced at in Halfords, and then filling it and priming and spraying it again. Would this be the best course of action?

The rust doesn't go through the metal, more like surface rust. Just want to make it look a bit nicer.

Thanks

that would be the best way mate also have a mk4 fiesta and i had rust the the exactly the same place all i did was tap the rust back with the flat bladed screw driver tiny bit of sand paper sand back so its completly flush rust protector then body filler sand back again bit more filler sand back and spray

that would be the best way mate also have a mk4 fiesta and i had rust the the exactly the same place all i did was tap the rust back with the flat bladed screw driver tiny bit of sand paper sand back so its completly flush rust protector then body filler sand back again bit more filler sand back and spray

Thanks a lot, just what i wanted to know.

:rolleyes: Just when you sand mate you want to try and sand the smallest patch possible you want to spray as less as you posssibly can

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club