Photo

Clutch Help Please

Clutch

Best Answer Bill Eastoe, 01 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Thank you.

I'm not too unhappy with £80.81 for the three piece kit. One place I looked at wanted over £60 for just the cylinder. Found a couple of cylinders at around £30 - £35 so I don't think it will make too much difference by the time I've also bought the plates. At least if I have any problems with a three piece kit I won't have to worry about two different suppliers trying to pass the buck to each other.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Bill Eastoe

Bill Eastoe

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Bill
  • Ford Model: 1.8i Mk2 Petrol Hatchback
  • Year: 2000

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

I see. They were the company I first contacted, and who asked the initial question about if it has a release bearing or a concentric slave cylinder.

With the help of everyone here I appear to have tha answer now, so I'm happy thank you. Waiting for some bike bits now, as I had a fork seal go on Sunday.

A big THANK YOU to everyone here.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 flying clutchman

flying clutchman

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Ford Model: transit2.5D
Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Just had a quick look and for £63 your only getting a 2 piece kit. 3 piece kits are £120

Whenever I buy mondeo clutches I always buy the 2-piece kit and the cylinder seperately. It's always cheaper! 5-speed cylinders are not dear.

#18 Bill Eastoe

Bill Eastoe

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Bill
  • Ford Model: 1.8i Mk2 Petrol Hatchback
  • Year: 2000

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:47 PM   Best Answer

Thank you.

I'm not too unhappy with £80.81 for the three piece kit. One place I looked at wanted over £60 for just the cylinder. Found a couple of cylinders at around £30 - £35 so I don't think it will make too much difference by the time I've also bought the plates. At least if I have any problems with a three piece kit I won't have to worry about two different suppliers trying to pass the buck to each other.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clutch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users