Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S1600 Modifications?

alexh89

Hey guys. I'll soon be picking up my fiesta s1600 and thinking of getting the Mountune 140 upgrade. If anyone has the upgrade, how much of a difference does it make to acceleration and torque? What's it like in the lower rev range? Also how loud is the exhaust? Is it over the top loud?

Thanks in advance

I know the 140 kit makes the 0-60 time 7.9 on the zetec s think it's the same for s1600 not Shure about the sound

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks mate. I find it astonishing that a 20bhp increase can cut 2 seconds off 0-60 time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

I know its unreal I really want the Mp140 kit buy it's all that money in one go lol

I know what you mean. I was gonna get a 134 version of the s1600 but I managed to get a 120 version with much less miles and the Mountune upgrade will make it about the same price as the 134. I just don't know whether to take the plunge or not. I know it didn't agent warranty but what about resale/trade-in value when the time comes to change my car again?

Thanks mate. I find it astonishing that a 20bhp increase can cut 2 seconds off 0-60 time.

Really? be the only kit in the world that genuinely shaves off 2 seconds and only adds 20BHP. is this on Mountunes site?

Edit spell check.

Yep that's what it says on the site. It takes torque up to about 170 nm so I've heard

It won 9th in whatcar performance car of the year in 2009 it's ment to be brill

That's not bad then. I'm seriously considering getting it done. It'll do until I can upgrade to an ST :-)

personally I think its a lot of money of what it is, an exhaust an air filter and a remap.

if you keep and eye out full milltek exhausts come up for sale second hand the odd time for around £450ish and J1 air filters come up for sale second hand for £100ish which is a better induction kit than mountune one. so thats £550 all in and then all you need is a remap.

You also get a new manifold with the mountune kit Aswell

yeah I included manifold in the exhaust system,

4-1 manifold, decat, cat back £450ish.

I even had a chat on the phone with mountune and they told me the only thing different in their exhaust to milltek one was different baffles in the cat back which make it quieter.

Not trying to slag them or the kit off, just pointing out you can do pretty much the same modifications a lot cheaper, if your happy to buy parts second hand and do a bit of hunting through forums/ eBay.

Have you done this your self

Because mountune has the benefit of 12000 mile/ a year warranty and if ur cars under 3 years old.it doesn't effect the manufacturers warranty

Also the Mp140 has its own insurance code

So car insurance company's recognise it

Instead of declaring all the upgrades

Obviously you won't have warranty if you go second hand parts, if you decided to go new i'm sure there would be a milltek warrenty.

For me mountune isn't really an option as the travel costs for me to get from N.I. to their base would be a fortune never mind any of the kits.

Just pointing out there are other options out there to get the same results.

I totally agree I will probably do it separately tbh cheaper to do

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. How much bhp do you reckon these would add?

It depends tbh on a remap you can get anywhere from 8 to 15 bhp depends on the company.

Then upto 5bhp with a J1

Then not Shure about the manifold and exhaust

Looks like a remap alone could take it up to 134 sort of spec then. I always thought remaps didn't do much for naturally aspirated engines

I don't think you would get as much as that on a remap alone tbh. Not on a naturally aspirated petrol engine.

I would only remap if you had the hardware in place, exhaust, air filter, cams etc

You may want to check how hard it is to remove and fit a manifold before doing it diy there isn't a lot of room and may require lifting the engine to get it out. Plus you need to tame cat fitting kits into the equation and manifold bolts when doing the parts math, none ever supplied and will another say £100. Plus there's doing it properly. Something not many people do when fitting zorsts.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Seems like there's a lot to consider when sourcing parts yourself. Anyone know the best induction kit to use, i.e.what will give max bhp gains? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to modifying cars

Hi,

If you have any issues with insurance with this conversion then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club