So ever since I slapped on my Motec alloys, I been taking extra care of my Focus. I would be livid if I took the car to be washed and they scratched my alloys, or the paint work
Done a lot of research, asked around, and got some great goodies from Danwel, so here's my ritual. I wash the Focus every 1-2 weeks.
Exterior (Currently sealed with FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant)
- Rinse with either a hose (if I am round me mums) or two buckets warm water to loosen surface dirt.
- Two washes with Turtle Wax ICE Rapid Drying Shampoo using a Microfiber Hand Mitt.
- Rinse off shampoo with warm water.
- Dry with large Microfiber Towels.
- Polish Car with Poorboys Black Hole (works great on dark cars).
- Allow to haze, then buff to brilliant Shine with a Microfiber cloth/towel
- Clean Window with Turtle Wax ClearVue Glass Clean
Alloys (currently sealed with FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant)
- Since they are sealed I use a little of the shampoo to clean the dirt/brake dust/grime of, then thoroughly dry them with a Microfiber Hand Mitt.
- Reapply sealant every 3-6months.
- Vacuum mats, carpet & boot
- Clean seats with Carplan interior Valet Upholstery cleaner.
- Clean Dash and interior plastics with Turtle Wax Fresh n Shine (strawberry smell).
- Clean inside of windows with Turtle Wax ClearVue Glass Clean
Sit back and admire the hours of hard labour
The products needed are not that expensive and do the job quite well I think.
Here's some pictures from today: